“Amazing Experience!”

Ranked #6 of 45 Restaurants in Laoag
Price range: US$6 - US$11
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Dining in Don Saro it makes you feel to dine in Italy as you would be in a family owned restaurant( we are actually a family owned restaurant) with the warm from the waiter to the chef..
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Experience!”
Reviewed June 30, 2016 via mobile

Dishes are made in real italian way, perfecto! Healthy since they use organic ingredients. And Italian cold cuts that makes it very authentic

Visited June 2016
Thank Wealthy Kristin... M

Laoag, Philippines
“Very excellent birthday dinner.”
Reviewed April 17, 2016 via mobile

A quiet family birthday meal turned into a very nice birthday bash.

Looking at the review scores, which are very high, and reading the owners replies he has 5 stars and is still trying to improve!

If you keep doing what you are doing you are here to stay.

I have decided to go more regularly from now on.

Please tell every one about this place. They need our support or we will lose him.

Visited March 2016
DaniloDiDio, Manager at Don Saros Restaurant, responded to this review, April 19, 2016
Improvement for us is important. We have to give to customer, like you, always something different, I hope to get more dishes in the menu choices. We are expanding and improving the connection with our distributors and you will see little changes also in the interior of the restaurant. Our mindset is, keep it updated and the people will come back!

Thank you for your review, welcome to see you again in our restaurant..!
Laoag, Philippines
“A savory surprise!”
Reviewed April 5, 2016

The place has a romantic and intimate feel to it. It reminds me of the Italian restaurants I used to dine at when I lived in California. It only gets better now that I know they serve freshly baked bread as an appetizer as I know that only true Italian restaurants serve their own bread. Their dishes are amazing and they taste wonderful. I have been looking for a really good authentic spaghetti and now I have to search no further since it's served right in my home town. I can't wait to try their new dishes. Danilo and Sheryl are absolutely wonderful. Their service is quick and the vegetables they use are so fresh. I don't miss italian food from home so much now that we have it right here in our backyard -- so divine!

• Visited January 2016
Thank you Franzene. we have chosen to go with organic vegetables and fresh food. We hope to improve the connection with our distributors and get more fresh food, so we can expand our menu.
we are happy to see you again.
Cheers!
Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
“New restaurant”
Reviewed April 5, 2016 via mobile

This restaurant is new with an Italian guy in the kitchen, it's a small place and the menu is limited only for pasta and one meat dish. If you are looking for an authentic italian I much say it's a let down. The price doesn't match with the food they serve. Well we just went there to try the place, but to go back if we are in town, well then I think I cook better pasta.

Visited December 2015
DaniloDiDio, Manager at Don Saros Restaurant, responded to this review, April 5, 2016
Hello. Thank you for the review appreciated. I would like to say that the menu has also fish dishes and in the board behind the counter are indicated also the dishes out of the menu. As we always indicate and introduce to our customers. I agree with the prices but since we are in Laoag is not simple and cheap to deliver the food as also many things have to be made from scratch because lack of products in this town. We would be more than welcome to introduce yourself and we will give you a free taste of all the pasta (good for one person) for you to decide again if you cook better pasta than Italians. Our restaurant is warmly waiting for you! Have a nice night, bye bye..
“Unexpected Italian in Ilocos”
Reviewed April 1, 2016 via mobile

Great little Italian gem in Laoag with simple, authentic, fresh and tasty food.
Food selection is limited but everything is good (we dined twice). The fresh dorada and the home made semi freddo were the highlights. Service is great too. One can only wish for a more extensive food and wine selection (no pizza yet).

Visited March 2016
DaniloDiDio, Manager at Don Saros Restaurant, responded to this review, April 2, 2016
Thank you Mr. Regis for your review. If you will come back to visit Laoag, you are welcome in our Restaurant. You can contact us also regarding the wine you were asking for!
Have a good day,