“Best in Laoag”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Laoag
Singapore
“Best in Laoag”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2017 via mobile

Probably the best hotel in Laoag despite there being criticisms in trip advisor. I stayed here just one night and enjoyed my stay.

Booked via Trip Advisor - deluxe room. Arrived at the hotel about 3pm. Bellman was present to take the baggage and I proceeded to reception for check in. Receptionist was very friendly - and helpful. Nicely deigned lobby with local photographs on display / for sale. The grounds are very nice and well looked after. The hotel attracts a lot of Chinese guests given Laoag has direct flights with China and this hotel has its own casino. There is some criticism on TA of washing on the room balconies which look unsightly. This goes with the clientele / the culture.

Had dinner in the bar - quite reasonable.

Nice grounds to walk around but the sea is stills very long walk from the main buildings of the hotel. The pool etc are not very much used - I believe the casino and massage are the most used facilities in the hotel.

On the whole, I had a nice stay here which was very enjoyable. If I were here for any length of time I may get bored given the hotels isolation and my lack of interest in the casino - it's primary attraction. Notwithstanding it's a nice hotel with good decor. Air conditioning and wifi all work very well.

Stayed February 2017, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nigel G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2017

May 2009 when my partner then & I decided to have an invasion of Northern Philippines!

We went to Fort Ilocandia, Vigan then Pagudpud before heading back to Manila.

We were surprised with the beauty of Fort Ilocandia! We enjoyed our stay there and we had comfortable sleep during the 3 nights that we stayed there.

Given a chance, I will definitely be back in Fort Ilocandia!!!

• Stayed May 2016, traveled as a couple
Tabriz
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2017

In our way to Vigan, we stayed an overnight in this very wonderful hotel. Amazing architecture with red bricks and magnificent design attracts the guests eyes. The interior design of the lobby is nice with a water feature and old style wooden facade. The whole residential area is very big so that one should remember the location of buildings and wings. The hotel is near to sea so that you can walk to its white sand beach in minutes. The early morning outdoor view looks a real dream. In January the weather is in its most pleasant period and the guests can enjoy swimming without that sever sunlight.
The room we stayed had a romantic balcony with the view to the other buildings covered with colorful flowers. The room had enough space and a big bathroom with a bath tub and furnished with all the essential stuff. The furniture are delicately designed and completed with an electric fan, a conditioner and a refrigerator.
The breakfast area is well designed with good choice of sea foods and fruits. Also the breakfast can be served inside the rooms, and I recommend to have it in the balcony. I guess the second floor rooms to have better view.

• Stayed January 2017, traveled with family
1 Thank Kaiseri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2017

I am excited to stay in Forl Ilocandia since these was known as prestigious Resort in the North. We arrived 10pm last December 2016. I am traveling with family we have baby and kids that's why we have a lot of stuff but no one from the concierge until front office would be kind to help us not even greetings from them. Due to long drive from Baguio we just kept our mouth in silence and proceed to our room to take a rest. In the morning, we decided to check out early, so that we could spend time wisely in Loaog. Upon, checking out I'm expecting that somebody from these will known resort staff will help us in our baggage but no one came. They just saw us leave and that's it no greetings or even smile, again. As if they were get used of watching their guest carrying there own luggage even though some kids/ toddlers carry baggage specially my sister who happened to carry her baby plus a travelling bag. I felt dismayed since I'm in the Hotel industry and these was the opposites actions of what should a service industry should do. I've heard it that management was changed.Well hoping that,Change for the better not change for being worst. By the way, rooms cleanliness is great good job to the housekeeper I forgot our room number.

• Stayed December 2016, traveled with family
2 Thank Krishnah Janice O
Zurich, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2017 via mobile

We arrived at around 8:00 in the evening at Laoag airport and could take a shuttle to the resort. The driver drove dangerously fast, and we arrived at the resort before restaurants were closing. The resort looked promising. It was kept spic and span. Pictures on the wall looked very old but some - apart from the beauty queen photos - were interesting tales from the past. Some wall clocks were missing, and little did we know that the remaining clocks will later to seal our fate at checkout. Before that tale, here's a summary of how we found it:
- the place is huge but standard room is of average size and dated.
- safe is also very old and difficult to manage
- there are waste from previous guests thrown down from the balcony of room 359
- garden looks beautiful nevertheless
- beach is wide and has grey sand. No one was swimming from Fort Ilocandia. Public beach on the left side was full
- there's a zoo with ostriches
- there's a billiard area.
- breakfast is not at par with international or even local hotels in Vigan

Our next stop after Fort Ilocandia was Vigan. We asked for drop-off services. Unfortunately, they couldn't accommodate us and advised us to take the bus instead. So before checkout, we called the reception to ask about the shuttle to the town. We were told it will be at 10:10 and were advised to be there at 10:05.
We complied. We had accurate time on our mobile phones and it was 10:05. I could see only a parked van in front. No people shuffling in.
I then asked about the shuttle. We were told that it left already. Despite saying that we were there at 10:05, which is already 10:10 on their ancient official clocks, there was no shuttle for us. It probably left at 10:00 or even earlier - contrary to my phone conversation just 30 minutes before we went to the reception. We even gave our room number. And so there it was, we were left to our own thoughts as they began calling on the phone. After a while we were told, they will have a ride for us at 12 noon. So what we will do at the lobby until then? We were the ones who suggested public transportation. They said, "Yes, that is possible. We will help you out." But concierge didn't seem to do anything. Two were just comfortably sitting at their desks. When prompted, they did say that someone was out there looking for transportation, and we will just be informed once it's there. But this really didn't seem to be the case. We felt trapped there. So, my daring Caucasian husband went to the public beach to request one of them to bring us to the city. And one tricycle driver out there to enjoy the new year was willing to do so, whereas the fort ilocandia people remained at their posts with their parked van.
In the meantime, we reached Vigan, and it is a normal hotel at par with international hotels and could bring us back to Laoag with a private car.
With this fact, I certainly cannot recommend Fort Ilocandia. It's like a ghost town with few guests, limited transport services, bad restaurants and dated rooms.

Stayed January 2017, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thesupr

Travelers are raving about these Laoag hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Laoag
46.5 km away
120.7 km away
Hotel Luna
Hotel Luna
#1 of 7 in Vigan

Been to Fort Ilocandia Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!