“Good service. Spanish-Filipino-Italian cuisine”
Review of Johnny Moon Cafe

Johnny Moon Cafe
Ranked #8 of 46 Restaurants in Laoag
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 1, 2017

One of the more upscale establishments downtown, and a good stop for lunch if you're coming from the museums and historical landmarks near the town plaza. The menu is extensive. Staff recommended the paella, which came with a lot of bagnet and longganisa bits. While it isn't my best meal there it was tasty and very filling, as they use brown rice.

The staff was helpful and very attentive. One of the owners even swung by our table to chat, which seemed to happen everywhere we dined in Laoag and Pagudpud -- the people there were quite friendly.

Reviewed February 14, 2017

This was a fun dining experience, because on top of the good food that they served they also had us wear stick on mustaches and top hats and took a photo of us channeling the "Juan Luna" vibe. Service was good too.

We ordered several dishes, but the miki was my favorite - and I think it says something about a restaurant if they can elevate something very simple to a dish you'd want to keep coming back for. Also worth trying are the bagnet sandwich and pasta verde. Paella was a bit bland though.

Reviewed January 21, 2017

We were huge fans of Johnny Moon Cafe and was disappointed when it was closed for a few months. Now that it's open again, we can't help but compare it to how it was before. Food quality isn't that good anymore (with the exception of the Johnny Moon Pasta). Service was quite confusing as they served as a dish we didn't even order (despite the fact that our order was repeated three times). I still recommend people going here but don't expect much.

Reviewed January 21, 2017 via mobile

Johnny Moon was closed for about 2 months for renovations, and we used to frequent the "old" establishment when we had business trips here.

Service driver told us the place was open under new management, so we decided to pay a visit. Interiors haven't changed much except for addition of cheap tables and chairs (far cry from old Art Deco furniture that made the place really classy). Ordered our usual fare of sisig, Johnny Moon pasta, paella and the iced tea. Supposedly "sizzling" sisig was served on a cold plate, with an egg on top (specified one of our friends had deadly allergies to eggs), baraniw (basil) iced tea was regular powdered iced tea, no hint of basil, paella wasn't really paella (just rice topped with seafood), but pasta was a-ok. Big disappointment for us (seeing that we were regulars of the old joint).

Definitely not coming back.

Reviewed August 23, 2016

I visited this place last summer as part of my #SoloBirthdayTravel. Every time I search for a must visit place in Laoag, this place is always part of the search results. It was a very warm afternoon when I arrived Laoag. I took a tricycle from the bus terminal and the tricycle driver is not familiar with this place. Good thing I have Waze and it is just beside the "Laoag Museum". Luckily, I'm the only customer that time, so it really feels like a homey for me. I used the couch dinning area and order the infamous Bagnet out of their menu with a drink that I really forgot the name but I remember it is a fusion of rice wine and some fruits. I like the color and decoration of the place. It is also a fusion of old and modern artistry. Now I understand why most people recommended this place.