“A bit pricey but worth it”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Johnny Moon Cafe

Johnny Moon Cafe
Ranked #12 of 45 Restaurants in Laoag
Cuisines: Filipino, Cafe, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manila, Philippines
“A bit pricey but worth it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2017

This was a fun dining experience, because on top of the good food that they served they also had us wear stick on mustaches and top hats and took a photo of us channeling the "Juan Luna" vibe. Service was good too.

We ordered several dishes, but the miki was my favorite - and I think it says something about a restaurant if they can elevate something very simple to a dish you'd want to keep coming back for. Also worth trying are the bagnet sandwich and pasta verde. Paella was a bit bland though.

• Visited February 2017

Metro Manila, Philippines
“Not the same as before”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2017

We were huge fans of Johnny Moon Cafe and was disappointed when it was closed for a few months. Now that it's open again, we can't help but compare it to how it was before. Food quality isn't that good anymore (with the exception of the Johnny Moon Pasta). Service was quite confusing as they served as a dish we didn't even order (despite the fact that our order was repeated three times). I still recommend people going here but don't expect much.

Visited January 2017
Pasig, Philippines
“New management and staff, definitely not the same quality or customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2017 via mobile

Johnny Moon was closed for about 2 months for renovations, and we used to frequent the "old" establishment when we had business trips here.

Service driver told us the place was open under new management, so we decided to pay a visit. Interiors haven't changed much except for addition of cheap tables and chairs (far cry from old Art Deco furniture that made the place really classy). Ordered our usual fare of sisig, Johnny Moon pasta, paella and the iced tea. Supposedly "sizzling" sisig was served on a cold plate, with an egg on top (specified one of our friends had deadly allergies to eggs), baraniw (basil) iced tea was regular powdered iced tea, no hint of basil, paella wasn't really paella (just rice topped with seafood), but pasta was a-ok. Big disappointment for us (seeing that we were regulars of the old joint).

Definitely not coming back.

Visited January 2017
Valenzuela, Philippines
“Homey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2016

I visited this place last summer as part of my #SoloBirthdayTravel. Every time I search for a must visit place in Laoag, this place is always part of the search results. It was a very warm afternoon when I arrived Laoag. I took a tricycle from the bus terminal and the tricycle driver is not familiar with this place. Good thing I have Waze and it is just beside the "Laoag Museum". Luckily, I'm the only customer that time, so it really feels like a homey for me. I used the couch dinning area and order the infamous Bagnet out of their menu with a drink that I really forgot the name but I remember it is a fusion of rice wine and some fruits. I like the color and decoration of the place. It is also a fusion of old and modern artistry. Now I understand why most people recommended this place.

Visited March 2016
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quirky spot with good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2016

Laoag is filled with wonderful old stuff and ilokano cuisine proves to be the perfect companion to complete the nostalgic trip in the capital. However, stepping inside Johnny Moon, (or Juan Luna) you'll feel the hip and inventive vibe that the youth of Laoag has to offer. Its a good breather because the place is colorful and cheery. The food is also great! I ordered dragonfruit shake, empanada and the Johnny Moon Pasta. Though I forgot the individual prices, they all are worth more in terms of the taste. This has got to be THE must try place to everyone visiting Laoag.

• Visited January 2016