The Palacio de Laoag Hotel
US$24
Priceline
US$58
TravelBook.ph
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 8 June 2016

Place shows promise but the small rooms, with bunk beds, along with a remote location and haphazard service make this place good for an overnight but not much more. There's a nice pool but around it is old and shabby, including the pool bar which is on its last legs. The pool, however, is clean and refreshing. Wifi is in the public areas only.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kairho1
Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

Our family availed an Ilocos package tour. We stayed here the first night. We got 2 rooms (4 pax and 6 pax). Rooms are clean but a bit old. The 6 pax small room with double decks is a bit cramped and the aircon is not in good working condition. My kids enjoyed the pool though. Set breakfast is served with nice set up. Good thing we only stayed 1 night. They have newer rooms in front near the reception area, not sure if it fits for whole family though. Btw, i saw the bill upon check out, P3,600 for the 6-pax room and P4,000 for the 4-pax room. Im sure there are better hotels in the area within that price range.

Stayed: April 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Napster20
Reviewed 7 February 2016

Have stayed here with a group of friends September last year. And we just receive the best treatment and service from all their staff after a tiring trip from Manila. They have already prepared the best tasting Ilocano dishes for us to satisfy our hunger. Good service from all of their stop were non-stop. This is the best accommodation you could find in the area with the best value for your money. They even prepared and coordinated everything for our best Sand Dunes experience.

Room Tip: Stayed at rooms near the pool for easier access for kids
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family
2  Thank JenAlbano
Reviewed 2 February 2016

A friend of my husband kindly recommended this hotel in Laoag and since most city hotels were already fully booked, we tried it... anyways it's just for a night. The entrance looks impressive, it has a long driveway, parking is spacious, the Lobby is warm and inviting but the room where we stayed was terrible! Since were were 2 adults + 2 teens, we had to book a bigger room. Another friend who booked with us that same night (they were 3), were given a standard but renovated room. Ours was old, smelly and no longer well-maintained, and the price higher of course because they said it's a Suite. I complained about the room and requested to be transferred to a smaller but newer room assuring them I don't mind the cramped space and paying the same price (Suite rate) as long as it's fresh-smelling and new. Despite my request and complaints, Front Desk staff said they're full and our family would not fit in their standard room. Whatever is the truth between the two, me and my family decided just to survive the night and checked-out mid-morning after a not-so appetizing breakfast (it went with the room booking). My only consolation in this Hotel was the Housekeeping staff/Supervisor who very kindly made arrangements to lessen the smell and "freshen" again the bathroom.

This Hotel is definitely crossed out from my list of Hotels "to stay again". And I still should rely on my own research and blogs/reviews of seasoned travelers before I even try another hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated rooms located on the left side of the hotel if you must book this Hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2015, traveled with family
2  Thank Joy A
Reviewed 17 January 2016 via mobile

The hotel is average and good value for money. So peaceful. Their breakfast food is delicious but didn't try other meals. No Wifi available in rooms. You have to go to the lobby for the free Wifi. The crews are attentive. Overall, it was a pleasant stay. I wish they put free Wifi in every rooms. This is already a requirement for any hotels.

Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple