Pamulinawen Hotel
US$29
  • Restaurant
  • Spa
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbasement parkinghotel location islaoag cityilocos norteother hotels
Reviewed 28 July 2016

The location of the hotel is along the main road. The lobby is spacious with WIFI. The front desk personnel was helpful and courteous. The elevator is hot. The hallway where our rooms are located is hot. Our rooms were spacious. There was a tv with cable. NO WIFI in the room. The tv has no channel guide. There is complimentary water daily as well as coffee. The bathroom is spacious with the following amenities: toothbrush, soap and shampoo. The water heater is disastrous, when its hot it can burn and the water gets cold for a very long time so bathing takes time to finish. The water drains so slowly. The floor is slippery good thing a mat was available. There is no hair dryer. The glasses were not washed daily. The sink probably is not also cleaned because you can still see the toothpaste stain left by the guest.The airconditioning unit is loud though it is cold. Pool is small and no chairs aroundi to put your towels or robe in. The breakfast has no variety and is cooked per order. Breakfast is not buffet. The bed is double bed quite comfortable. There is a plastic cover over the mattress so it feels hot when you lie down.

Room Tip: Read reviews. Reviews maybe subjective, experience is still best.
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Perpetua C
Reviewed 20 July 2016

The resort is mid range type but with swimming pool and access o beach is just a walk away, food choice is limited to local variety staff and friendly and accommodating also, the beach is nice white sand and shallow good for kids swimming.

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for our convention (venue was 9km away in another hotel). One room with my family and another for my father and driver. Ou room was matrimonial with a queen size bed and a huge useless space that could accommodate another bed there was a sink in the room that was not needed at all. TV was small less than 32in? It felt like watching shows on iPad. Toilette was clean with separate huge jacuzzi tub (or is it) there was an issue with the toilette seat too near to the door! Breakfast buffet wasn't great, seriously hotdog and corned beef? Pool looks good from the 8th floor but down there it's small and not well kept. Dirty according to my daughter. The pool style is like fish pond or water reservoir. Staff is good and accommodating and that's a big plus! And finally it's too pricey for what it offers.

Stayed: June 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank hor_heManila
Reviewed 13 June 2016

When you stay in Pamulinawen Hotel, you have to realize it is a provincial hotel and nothing like the 5-star of metropolitan cities. In this state of mind, you will enjoy your stay. The room we had was very clean and comfy with a view facing Laoag. I thought it was the best hotel to stay in in Laoag as there are public transport infront that would take you around, in case you don't have your own ride. Breakfast is good even tho there is only a few choices, mostly the usual local dishes and fruits. The staff are very accommodating but they all seem to be trainees because of their color-coded plain-shirt uniform (It's the same at the Plaza del Norte). Truly, Wifi is only available at the downstairs lobby.

Stayed: June 2016
Reviewed 2 June 2016

In August 2015, I gave a review of this hotel. I gave them 2 points. In April this year, my family and I went back to this hotel. I think it's just fair that I gave another review of this hotel.

You see, this is the most accessible hotel for my 90 year old father-in-law who is making an effort to visit his hometown San Nicolas while his health still allows it. I got a reasonable rate, considering it was peak season and I booked a few weeks prior the check-in date. We stayed 3 nights and our overall experience is "pleasant". The bumps were minor but it would help the hotel management to consider the feedback and immediately act on it.

So here's our experience from booking online all the way to check-out. I hope the tips help travellers so that they can avoid the inconveniences that some have mentioned in their reviews of this hotel.

1) We got a reasonable rate of 3,767/night. Good rate for peak season and not so early booking.
2) Despite getting a confirmation from the online booking agent, I called the hotel directly to make sure that my booking went thru. This has always been my practice whenever I travel. The hotel confirmed that they have my booking on record and that I need not pay any amount to them except for bar consumption and the additional bed that I will be requesting.
3) On the check-in date, I called them again to inform them of our ETA, which was around 5 pm. I reminded them that I expected the rooms to be ready for occupancy when I arrive. I made sure that my request for a room close to the elevator would be accommodated, and it was.
4) Upon our arrival, we were immediately attended to and we were led to our rooms right away. The airconditioning was already on!
5) The checked-in guests were few so we were allowed to park at a space next to the driveway (this was in consideration of my 90 y.o. father in law who had trouble walking).
6) The staff (including housekeeping, guards, cooks, waiters, reception) during our entire stay was PLEASANT & ATTENTIVE.
7) We booked 2 rooms. One room was ok but the other had a problem -- the wash basin was not draining at all. We requested for a change in rooms and they gave us the next room. This room had a problem, too --- the drain in the shower area was also slow. Apparently, the maintenance team of the hotel has a problem. The hotel owners must look into this ASAP.
8) The amenities in the rooms were not consistent -- one room had slippers while the other had none. However, I just gave housekeeping a call and they immediately gave us the slippers and replenished all other complimentary items in the room.
9) Our booking came with breakfast. During this stay, the banquet staff was consistent with their service. We could choose from their selection of longganisa meal, bacon meal, daing meal, hotdog meal. Every meal came with eggs of your choice, rice, and either coffee or juice unlimited (or even both). Breakfast was available and ready at exactly 7 am (meaning, we came earlier than 7 am so that we could place our breakfast orders). Tip: call in your choice of breakfast a night before and tell them at what time you would like to have it (from 7am onwards).
10) The swimming pool was undergoing maintenance. I was not expecting this because the hotel has the rest of the year to do maintenance work on the pool. Why do it during the peak season and during summer?

I give this rating of 3 simply because of the poor plumbing maintenance job in their bathrooms and pool maintenance schedule. Other than these problems, this hotel would have rated really well, comparing it to other hotels in this part of the region. Shout out to the owners --- pick a more professional and reliable plumbing team!

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled with family