“Sterile”

Macy's Diner Laoag
Ranked #24 of 47 Restaurants in Laoag
Price range: US$2 - US$8
Reviewed September 6, 2017

Just ok. Staff very remote and sat at one table. Felt like I was annoying them when I entered for lunch.

1  Thank Steven E

Reviewed May 20, 2017

I used to eat Sotanghon guisado from other restaurants. But, when I tasted Macy's version of sotanghon guisado, it became my favorite place for the dish. I tried their other dishes, but sotanghon is really what I always love to order - dine in or take out.

Reviewed May 1, 2017

This is the restaurant of the hotel where we stayed. They offer Ilocano dishes as well as American dishes as their motif is that of a 50's American cafe.
The music adds the American life ambiance and it feels like it takes you back in time. Especially there were lots of Caucasians eating during our visit.
Milkshake is thick, just right. You might love it. We ordered strawberry and vanilla. :)

Reviewed February 27, 2017

I ate at this place 3 times. The pancake breakfast is tasty (sadly, it is only available for breakfast, not all day). The taco salad and milk shakes are good as well. I like the environment of the place with many 1950's and 1960's photos and oldies music.

Reviewed January 8, 2017

During our Ilocos experience last Christmas, we arrived in Laoag at lunchtime. Our driver/tour guide brought us to this quaint restaurant on the ground floor of Hotel Tiffany. We tasted our first Ilocano food - bagnet and pokipoki. What tickled our tastebuds was their pokipoki, an eggplant cooked superbly. It was simply delicious. My family and I was so satisfied with Macy's Diner pokipoki, that we made it as a benchmark for our suceeding food trip. On our four days Ilocos sojourn, I can say that the Ilocos bagnet was the crispiest fried pork I've tasted. Their empanada and longganisa were okay, but nothing beats the pokipoki of Macy's Diner.