“American Dreaming”

Macy's Diner Laoag
Ranked #14 of 51 Restaurants in Laoag
Price range: US$2 - US$8
Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

Upon stepping into Macy’s, it’s like reconciling with my long lost American Dream. It seems like I was transported back to the 50’s provided with the posters and signage decorated inside the store. I would have wanted to try their jukebox (actually working) but, my uncertainties ruled over me, so I just sat down there and busied myself on the menu.

It wouldn’t be a complete american-feel diner without American foods, but Macy’s wouldn’t be on our list if it doesn’t serve Ilocano dishes as well.

We ordered Dinengdeng, Poqui poqui, Igado with rice and a regular coke. We also ordered a banana split and green tea ice cream for dessert. And they all tasted ok. I likey the green tea ice cream though.

Reviewed 18 March 2016 via mobile

Place is good and feels like your in L.A coz of the signage and wall design. I recommend you to try Macy's Special Sotanghon w/ Pork Legs , Gising-Gising, Binagoongan and of course Ilocos Bagnet. Ang ayaw ko lang is the spaghetti wawa naman baby jp ko di naubos food and di na busog..

Reviewed 5 March 2016

Not to many places in Ilocos Norte to eat traditional American Food so we tried it...nothing spectacular but not bad either. I'd go back just because there are no other choices...

Reviewed 1 March 2016 via mobile

Get the real burger, skip Jollibee and Mcdonalds.

Food is ok.
Ambience is definitely cool.
Mosquitoes around. :)

Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

The looks from the outside is great - diner it is! But the food is a let down.

If you want to try real good Ilocos food, try something else like AJ's Seafood House. Unless you want and need an air conditioned restaurant, you can spend your money in this place. But I suggest, walk around because you can definitely find better food places.