All reviewswill stay there againthe ownergreat place to stayleolocalsbridgeairphpisland
Reviewed 20 June 2017

Ideal place to stay when visiting or touring Biliran, great location for exploring the island.

Great food and drink with a relaxed atmosphere. Friendly staff and accommodating so you can enjoy your time.

I could work remotely with the WiFi by the waters edge....I could not think of a better office to work from.

Relaxed environment with beautiful sunsets. The hotel surroundings is a botanists dream come true, with amazing flora all around.

Cannot wait until my next stay :-)

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank christaiwan1977
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

I visited Chamorita many times, always when visiting Biliran island as a solo traveler or with my filipino wife. The place is great, with possibility to choose a room for everyone from simple room to deal luxe for affordable prices. The owner Leo and all stuffs are very friendly and make you feel like to stay at home. I met a lot of friends there and I am going visit Chamorita soon again.
Pavel from Europe

Stayed: November 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

I stayed here 3 weeks in July 2014 and 3 weeks in April 2015. This place is well kept. They had a friendly staff while i was there. Im going back to the Philippines this July and I will stay there again. I had checked around the Naval area the last time i was there and found this to be the best place at a inexpensive price. Maybe the lower price is because its a about 3 miles from town. The food is decent and its not as bad as some have said. This is a good place for a foriegner to go if you need air conditioning. They are super strong here. They also have a hot shower. Most other places i checked didnt.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2016

We arrived late-afternoon and enjoyed an hour of daylight. It was low tide and the smell of swamp ooze, the odor of decaying vegetation, was strong. (This ooze is a sign that the surrounding mangrove swamp is in good ecological balance. It's a sign of health, in other words.)

We joined several foreigners in the restobar and had a lively conversation. It's that kind of a place. The kind where you stare into the horizon and wax nostalgic. Whether you end up feeling nostalgic, or sad, or what, Chamorita will bring it out.

Nice atmosphere. Great view. Reasonable prices. Pleasant company. What's not to like?

Oh. Yeah, there's a hitch. It's the surly cashier. I recall having read a review that mentioned this person. But as we said our farewell, to our surprise, she flashed as a smile. Interesting, lol.

I would definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2016

Gorgeous location, rooms are large and clean but service and food was so bad we had to leave after 3 days.
The worst part was a surly and rude "manageress" who appeared to resent our presence. Due to delayed flight we missed our ordered Chamorita pick up van so we arrived late. I called ahead to say we were coming and asked if they could provide us with a couple of burgers. We arrived to a surly manageress and cold burgers. I asked for a scotch and coke and was advised that I would need to buy the whole bottle. No problem, how much is the bottle?. " Its expensive". This was from the "manageress, dressed in filthy and torn clothing. We persisted with this arrangement for three days but with the European food being inedible (apart from some fried chicken) extremely slow and resentful service, having to kill ants in the dining room to protect your pate, we eventually gave up and went next door to Maylaka.
It appears that the owner was on vacation and this may explain the attitude to customers. The bill was presented on small pieces of torn paper with unreadable script, and yes I insisted on paying the P2500 fee for the missed transport service as it was my fault.
There was no service most of the time in the bar either and several locals were drinking there most of the time and just helped themselves to beer from the fridge, I eventually did the same (as I was obviously not going to get any scotch or service) but kept the bottles so that I could pay later when she eventually showed up, not sure the locals did the same.
By the way, that romantic jetty with the cute lighting in the photographs is roped off, so were the over water huts and no lights were visible during the time i was there. There is no pool and the beach is not swimmable and filthy.
Just go next door to Maylaka, it's gorgeous.

Room Tip: Rooms furthest from the beach are also furthest from the Karaoke.
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple