“Great steak house”

20:00
Ranked #14 of 33 Restaurants in Springdale
Price range: US$11 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Switchback stop
Description: Nestled at the foot of the Watchman rock formation in Zion Canyon, Switchback Grille Steak & Fish House features hand-selected USDA Prime beef, Certified Angus Beef and a daily fresh fish menu that follows the seasons. Artfully prepared dishes, warm superior service, stunning views of the West Temple and a sophisticated southwest dining room come together for a truly unique dining experience. Additionally, Switchback offers full bar service with the area’s most extensive wine list. Banquet and catering services are available year round as well as a cozy sports grill with all of your pub favorites.
Reviewed 5 March 2021 via mobile

We really enjoyed the atmosphere with the views! The food was excellent but the staff needs to work on their smiles and friendliness!
Other than that, our food was great!!

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,343)

Reviewed 2 March 2021

The Switchback was beautiful. The hostess and the waiter were friendly and helpful. The Ribeye steak and the Filet were both so undercooked that we were unable to eat them. The Ribeye was supposed to be medium rare and the Filet was supposed to be medium. Both were raw. The waiter offered to take them back to regrill them but we already had our potatoes so we said that it was okay. It wasn't though. The Ribeye was grisly also. The potato sides were delicious though. We had Au Gratin Potatoes and a Baked potatoes. The Margaritas were completely flavorless also. The cost was over priced for a great steak and this meal was terrible. So disappointing!

Reviewed 11 February 2021 via mobile

Good food. Amazing service. Almost 100% covid-19 safety compliance.

I had the ribeye steak with a baked potato, sour cream butter and chives. The steak was good, but it was not the best I've ever had. For the price I expected the best I've ever had. I also ordered a wedge salad. It too was good. The best thing about my experience dining here tonight was the service. Excellent service all around.

Wait staff, host, and manager warther face masks properly and we're obviously ultra conscience of covid-19 safety. The bartender, however, came walking through the restaurant carrying some bar supplies with no mask on.

2  Thank 7,268
Reviewed 10 February 2021

This place is average to good. I think the cost is really high for the quality. The service was very good. I would probably order pizza delivered before I would spend this kind of miney for this quality

1  Thank Thomas G
Reviewed 4 January 2021

Our waiter was kind, but my husbands steak was cooked incorrectly 3 times. He asked for his $47 steak to be cooked medium. Two times it was brought to our table rare; in fact the waiter agreed. After that the manager came out, made us to feel that we were in the wrong. When the third steak came out, the manager brought it out with a flashlight and peered over my husband cut it. At that point my husband accepted it, but still couldn’t eat about a 1/3 of it because it was still bleeding. In the mean time my meal was basically cold. The manager was rude and offered POOR service. Do not go unless the manager is fired!

Date of visit: December 2020