“Attentive Service, good food”

McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #122 of 2,097 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Price range: US$30 - US$55
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Transit: There is a Metro bus stop located one block east of the restaurant.
Description: The history of McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurants began when Bill McCormick purchased Jake's Famous Crawfish Restaurant located in Portland, Oregon, and brought the more than 100-year-old landmark back to life. When asked the secret of how he revitalized a restaurant on the brink of closing, McCormick says, "I like nothing better than being a good host." Part of the managerial talent McCormick tapped was Doug Schmick, a management trainee. The two formed a partnership in 1974, creating Traditional Concepts, a precursor to today's McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurants. In 1979, they opened the original McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant in Portland, Oregon. Since that time, the company has expanded to more than 80 restaurants across the country. The combination of an open imagination and a respect for tradition are what makes McCormick & Schmick's the classic and successful business that it is today.
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Had dinner here with several friends from a conference. We were seated immediately even though it was at the height of dinner time. We sat at a round table that accommodated a 7th addition to our table during dinner. Our waiter, Tim, was accommodating and put up with our banter as we ordered and ate. The service was quick and the food good. Would go back again.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

My wife and I spent a weekend in Cincinnati, and wanted to treat ourselves to a nice dinner. We chose McCormick & Schmick's as we had heard really good things about it. We were not disappointed. The filet and salmon were simply outstanding, and were very competitively priced for high end restaurants. What sets this apart from the others is the distance between tables; I didn't feel like the people sitting at the table next to us could hear our conversation, and we couldn't hear theirs. We will definitely go back there when we're in the mood to experience some superb food in a great atmosphere without breaking the bank.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I spent the night downtown and walked here for dinner. The place was only a third full at prime time on a Friday night, the first clue of what to expect. They were out of the Walleye which my wife ordered and the bottle of wine also. I had another fish dish that was only ok and my wife got the Filet which was awful. I will say our waitress was very good and did bring 2 deserts at no charge. For us, this was a first and a last time to this restaurant.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Recently went to McCormick's for an early dinner before a concert. Our service was great - our appetizer was late coming out and the server and general manager both apologized and took it off our bill. They could not have been nicer and the food was excellent.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

There are so many good restaurants to choose from in Cincinnati and we'll never go here again. The service and food was just okay at best. The salad was the best thing I ate and we had salad, soups, calamari, steak, crab cakes and sides. Even the dessert was just okay. When paying $200+ for dinner, I expect great service and a noteworthy meal and this wasn't the case. For some, they may like this place but for us, we'll stick to the other great dining options in Cincinnati.

2  Thank Brooke0588