“OMG”
Review of 8th & English

8th & English
Reserve with OpenTable
8th & English is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #236 of 2,095 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

First time visit. Heard they do $1 oysters on Tuesday. We were a group of 5. The scallion cilantro vinaigrette served with the oysters was amazing as it added a fresh taste to the fresh oysters. The mussels in a tomato vodka sauce were very good. Mitchell was our server and provided excellent service. Our friends loved the swordfish meatballs. Love the building and location. Can't wait to come back. Consider making reservations as the place was busy on a Tuesday.

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

We read cincy beat magazine and the reviews online were great so we decided to go. I am a gourmet cook and know red french wines. My halibut was excellent but my husband’s black spaghetti with lobster was very late due to an error. We thought his dinner would be free or at least 50% off but it wasn’t the case. My husband wasn’t happy so I don’t think we will go back. The fireplace was a nice perk and the service was great. However, if a meal is late for whatever reason it should be free.

3  Thank RebeccaN1
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

On first visit was a good one. The gnocchi and the meatballs were excellent appetizers. My wife had the curry fish entre - I thought it was seasoned just right, but she thought it needed a bit more heat. I had the trout, subtle but excellent. To me, this restraunt is like a nice white wine - give it a moment to let the flavor come through. I really like the bar room - we sat at a high top near the fire place, very comfortable. We will go back.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

My wife and I visited 8th and English on a weekday night, and were very impressed. This is a modest-sized (cozy) restaurant with a nice raw bar and friendly people. The fireplace was a welcome addition the night we were there. We found a nice bottle of Falanghina on the menu, which is one of our favorite Italian white wines. I started with a dozen assorted oysters, and these were fresh and tasty. I had the halibut for the main dish, which was amazing. The fresh seasonings and light broth that it came with were really outstanding. My wife had the spaghetti negra, and this was also of very high quality. Overall for a first visit we were very impressed, and will be back.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

We recently dined at 8th & English on a Friday evening. There was a nice crowd on hand, but not overly crowded so that you felt rushed. The staff was very friendly and offered lots of suggestions about the menu. The menu highlights seafood and pasta dishes. We started with swordfish meatballs which was nice and flavorful. We had an order of pasta, which was tasty, but could have been a little warmer, temperature wise. I had the halibut, served over jasmine rice with a light curry sauce. Delicious! My husband had a delicate fish as well, which he thoroughly enjoyed. Dessert was a warm angel food cake, lightly crusted on the edges, with huckleberry and warm pears. Yum. Portions were perhaps on the small side, but we did not leave hungry. We particularly enjoyed the atmosphere in the bar area -- hightop tables overlooking the street and a nice fireplace for ambience.