21 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$279
Expedia.comUS$279
Hotels.comUS$279
eDreamsUS$279
PricelineUS$279
Agoda.comUS$279
7,234 results
All reviews infinity pool rum fire kai market edge bar leahi lounge ocean front the club lounge family pool diamond head the royal hawaiian pool staff koi pond busy hotel sea turtles resort fee oceanfront room large hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 March 2021 via mobile

This is rated one of the best infinity pools in the world. The hotel is great but the pool and watching sunsets from it is the most epic view you can have in Hawaii! The pool personnel are very accommodating as well. Eddie will ensure you have a great experience at the pool. Ask for Eddie!

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank JayViz
Reviewed 28 February 2021

I feel this is an important review as the world and America opens up after Covid. I have only traveled a small amount since Covid but I have a growing concern that hotels, restaurants, and hospitality in general are sometimes "hiding" behind Covid and using Covid as an excuse to not give their customers the experience we deserve. When I say "we deserve" I am saying that we all work hard, save and take vacations with this hard-earned money and we should have some expectation for a luxurious, hospitable experience given to us by the hospitality industry. [In my line of work I have not reduced the quality of experience I give to my clients and I expect the same from hotels and the hospitality industry in genera]lLet me give 3 clear examples. Number one- breakfast at the Sheraton was a VERY POOR experience- LOTS of WAITING, WAITING, WAITING. Waiting to be seated, waiting to be served, waiting to get your bill. You get the picture. I mean, c'mon- they have JUST 3 choices on the menu for breakfast which should mean the kitchen can crank out the orders. The servers all moved "slow as molasses". And yet at the same time, there seemed to be an attitude from the staff that "Well, things are just this way in Covid times" (and the resort was at 25% capacity – what happens at 100%?). Sorry...but I say- NO no no! If the hotel is open, and we are spending our hard-earned dollar there...then...dang it...provide a high level of service. Please don't "hide behind" Covid. Might I suggest that the Sheraton "rise above" Covid and have an attitude to provide EXCELLENT experience to all of their guests who have chosen the Sheraton for their Hawaii destination. "Rise above"...don't "hide behind". Yet another example- my wife and I wanted to have a drink one night at the hotel bar- the bartender- a really nice guy named Adrian informed us they had “limited mixers” available so they could not make many common cocktails and could not make my wife’s favorite which is a fairly basic drink. Now..again..Cmon Sheraton! Don’t “hide behind Covid”. How the heck does a virus mean you cant have a full compliment of mixers at a bar. This is all so stupid and yet another crystal clear example of a hotel that has accepted some MEDIOCRITY and is “OK” giving a lesser experience to their guests….you know….”because this is just how things are in Covid”. All this being said- the manager of the hotel- Mr. Kim- stepped in and things improved 30-50% at the breakfast almost literally overnight (the manager of the breakfast restaurant itself...she was not that impressive). But again, Mr. Kim stepped up to help improve things. On a different but related topic- the pools were amazing. But again, they had just ONE server for a large infinity pool area with many hotel guests. Why?..I ask! Well...because again the attitude of "This is just how things are in Covid times" is WOVEN, sadly into much of this hotel's hospitality staff. Again, I say no and please...quit hiding behind Covid and RISE ABOVE Covid and provide your guests with a few more servers so we don't have to wait an infinitely long amount of time for one cold drink by the pool. If I chose to provide my clients with a lesser level or service just because "Well its Covid, that's just how things are"...I would be out of business in under 1 year. C'mon Sheraton---be proud to be a Sheraton! Insist that your hotels have higher standards for ALL staff. This is a HOSPITALITY business...act like it. Overall, I still had a great stay at this lovely property...but I had to do my rant and I hope my critiques are taken in the POSITIVE light in which I am honestly trying to write it. My hope is that Sheraton ups their game and makes it better for all future guests at this hotel with this review. I would stay here again...I just hope they remember they are a Sheraton and go back to the "regular" levels of great hospitality that have been the norms for Sheraton for many decades.

Room tip: The 1 bedroom suite was PERFECT for Mom, Dad and 2 teenagers.
Date of stay: February 2021
16  Thank pcguy2000
Reviewed 21 February 2021

Check in was awful. We only booked here because my mother was supposed to get a rate through my stepfathers company. The lady who checked her in disputed this rate and would not give my mother a key with her young child at 10:30pm until my mother could reach him in Asia.

My room was not ready as we arrived a night early, fair enough, however they were still had no intention to honor my one king bed booking and stick me with a room with an extra double bed and a king. The double room we got instead has an ocean view-but beds are so small my partner and I had to sleep in separate beds-not what we envisioned in for a romantic Hawaii vacation where we met years ago. I am allergic to feathers and my feather free room was not even taken into account. I had to call room service who sent one sweet man with only two pillows and took all 8 feather ones away. The walls are so thin we can hear kids running down the hall and men clearing their throats in the room next door. Thank god we don't share a wall with my mother.

Also, it's a pandemic, understandable things are a little crazy. However the hotel and nowhere near served food at 10:30pm on a Friday night. Denny's was the only nearby option. Not even a convenience store or room service.

So far, we may checkout and start over elsewhere. This is not a good start and has solidified my decision to not sign up for Marriott Bonvoy Credit Card and cancel the rewards program as we do not appear to be earning the "double points & elite points" advertised when we booked.

Room tip: book elsewhere
Date of stay: February 2021
5  Thank britwight
Casey Obatake, Guest Services / Front Office at Sheraton Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2021

Aloha @britwight,
Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to provide comments regarding your stay at our hotel. We regret hearing of your overall disappointment while staying with us, and that we failed to provide you with the excellent experience that we are known for providing our guests. If you could kindly call 808-922-4422 and ask for the Guest Service Manager on duty, we will be more than happy to try to make things right.
Mahalo,
@Sheratonwaikikimanager

Reviewed 28 January 2021 via mobile

The location of Sheraton Waikiki is hard to beat, being one of the few true beach front hotels in the heart of Waikiki. The deluxe ocean view rooms offer a truly incredible, panoramic view of the ocean and Diamond Head. It was unfortunate that the pandemic has resulted in a very noticeable cut in hotel staff, especially in the reception area where a straight forward check in process on a Tuesday (at 5 pm) took an hour, with only one staff behind the desk. Housekeeping was unable to get the room cleaned when we were gone between 9 am and 3 pm on three of the seven days of our stay, despite a phone call to request service each morning. Only 1 restaurant was opened (Rumfire), and while the food, view & service was exceptional, the menu was very limited. We wish Sheraton Waikiki the best as they recover from the the impact of COVID-19 and appreciated so much that they are trying their best to bring normalcy back to life.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank amlesil
Shaun Ono, General Manager at Sheraton Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2021

Aloha Ms. Amlesil

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Waikiki and providing your honest feedback on the Guest Satisfaction Survey.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. I appreciate your feedback and time to provide us further information on your experiences as we continuously look to improve our level of service.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us during these unusual times.

Shaun Ono

Reviewed 27 January 2021

Wife and I spent several weeks here beginning in mid-December. Everything was as we expected it to be. Very quiet with limited services. But that was expected and well detailed on the Sheraton Waikiki website.
It was sad seeing so many businesses closed in Waikiki. Can't help but feel for the people who are impacted. That said, there are plenty of restaurants and services to accommodate the number of tourists in town.
It was great seeing familiar faces from our previous (extended) stay pre-COVID. But bittersweet as so many others are still not working. Hopefully things will get better soon...
THANK YOU to all the staff members who remembered us by name and made our trip seem like a return home. Too many to mention by name, but a special shout out to Casey (director), Dayton (bellman), Bobby/Gregg (bartenders) and Andy/Alan (Rumfire).
While they don't work directly for Sheraton, the pool staff were awesome as well. They always reserved a specific spot for me with towels covering the longer before I even arrived. Thanks David/Maggie/Paige/Gavin.
Lori from Rumfire also made it a point to serve drinks around the pool (time permitting) even though she was technically working inside Rumfire. That was nice of her. She also passed out ice water to those who wanted it. Nice touch because the water coolers that are normally at the pool were not in service.
One more person that gets a shout out but doesn't work for the Sheraton is Dennis at AVIS car rental. Dennis is always helpful and makes us feel welcome.
Thanks Jason Kim (hotel manager) and the entire staff at Sheraton Waikiki for making this the best trip possible under the circumstances!
Special MAHALO to Casey for accommodating our need for a larger room so we could work remote the last few weeks on Oahu. You are the best Casey!

Room tip: IMO, Diamond head view is the best!
Date of stay: December 2020