Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$109
Expedia.comUS$109
PricelineUS$109
Trip.comUS$122
HurbUS$109
StayForLongUS$132
All reviews front desk don quijote ala moana mall koi pond an older hotel within walking distance enjoyed my stay housekeeping staff ross walmart toaster aloha dvd
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 January 2021

I did laser hair removal so I have no hair except my hair and eyebrows
In the bathroom I see pubic hairs and other short hairs. The bed wasn’t changed, I could smell cheap perfume smell not from the detergent. The room was disgusting

1  Thank 0912jyu
Reviewed 24 January 2021

Since I live on the Big Island, my trips to Honolulu are always for business. So for me, the location of the Pagoda Hotel is perfect; near the Ala Moana Shopping Center and convenient to the University and Downtown. Plus, I love being close to Don Quijote for cheap eats! The Pagoda Hotel has always been priced reasonable and the staff are always warm and friendly. So much has changed in Honolulu, thank goodness the Pagoda still remains!

1  Thank argonsteel
Reviewed 18 January 2021

Friendly and attentive staff at the front desk. Older hotel so I didn't expect it to be perfect. Rooms are spacious but old. The window air conditioner is very noisy and disruptive when you sleep. The pillows on the bed were all old, flat and very smelly. I used a towel to cover the pillow I used. The bathroom is clean but old and could use a refresher. We needed to stay overnight near the medical facility for my daughter so we thought this would be a affordable choice. It was. I probably would opt to stay at a nearby hotel and pay more for the restful sleep and no stinky pillows.
There are some really great restaurants across the street Soribol and Yogurstory.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank kehlazo
Reviewed 15 January 2021 via mobile

First this hotel is NOT what the site pics show! Room wasn’t how it was presented and we were deceived! RESPRT FEE FOR WHAT???? Charging $200 plus when all “resort accommodations” are closed!!! Parking inconvenient and cost even more which should be covered by “resort” fee! Manager less than helpful told us we could to stay someplace else?? Worst experience in my years of travel ever!!! Rooms outdated and beds like laying on plywood but were made to believe them switching to the king we reserved to begin with was them accommodating!!!!

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank rickyquijano
Reviewed 29 December 2020

STAY AWAY!

On Saturday, December 12, I made a reservation for my fiancé as he was traveling last minute from a neighbor island to get our dog surgery at a vet hospital there. I booked the reservation online. It was paid in full. All fees covered as stated in the confirmation receipt email.

After making the reservation,I called the hotel to request a King size bed for him because he is tall. Guest service agent RON answered the call. First he said he didn't see the reservation yet which was fine because I just made it and he said it takes about 30 minutes to come through. While I was asking about the request, he tried to hang up on me, I asked if when I called back I could request a king bed and he sounded very frustrated and in a huffy voice said "why didn't you choose it online?" I told him there wasn't an option to, and he said "well I don't know where you made your reservation then" which made me so confused because I know I made it for the pagoda hotel, and then he went further is a sassy tone that "having a king bed was an upgrade, whatever room we give him is what he gets". I have worked as a front desk agent before and the way he talked to me was extremely rude and unwarranted. It was just a request. If it was more for an upgrade there is a polite way to inform a patron of your establishment. Going on...

When my fiancé finally got to the hotel at around 9pm, after checking our dog in for surgery at the vet hospital, he called me and asked if I paid for the room already because the front desk agent RON said he needed to pay more. I was on speaker phone, and I said I paid in full I have the receipt stating all charges including resort fees are paid, and that a credit card should only be for incidentals like if you take anything from the mini bar. I said I called earlier and tried to request you a king bed but the front desk agent was very rude and I wasn't able to. My fiancé said RON was shaking his head in a NO fashion while I was speaking. Then RON proceeded to say the credit card was needed to pay all the resort fees and hotel fees. (which I have already paid for as was clear on my receipt!) He was lying about me not calling earlier, very rude, and tried to double charge us more for fees I already paid! Why did he not ask for the receipt to be emailed to them? Or shown for his reference? This is just unprofessional.

As a result of this horrible experience at the front desk with RON, my fiancé was so put off and frustrated, he went back to the vet hospital and slept on the front steps in the cold air exposed and in danger. It was late, and all he wanted to do was sleep in a safe room. But we had already used our hotel money and paid for a room that the front desk agent wasn't letting us check into unless we double paid for resort fees!

This experience at The Pagoda put my fiancé in danger and I will never stay here again. My family has been staying at the Pagoda our entire lives and we were always treated with warmth, civility, and professionalism. We are Kamaaina, and I am heart broken that my fiancé was treated with such poor attitude by an ill mannered misinformed front desk agent.

I emailed management about this and have had no response and it has been over 2 weeks. And they still charged us for the room. BEWARE!

MY ADVICE. Stay away! The location is NOT WORTH THE MONEY. Stay somewhere better with more professional experience service agents.

Date of stay: December 2020