All reviews continental breakfast boiled eggs junior suite pineapple lewers street koi pond complimentary shuttle small pool valet parking within walking distance shuttle bus heart of waikiki beach towels room was large home away from home central location short walk to the beach
Reviewed 31 January 2018

We booked a junior suite for my daughter and sister-in-law during a wedding in Honolulu. They stayed there over the 2017 Christmas holiday. The Jr suite was large, good amenities and located close walking distance to everything associated with Waikiki. The cost of the Jr suite wasn't much more than the regular room. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Loved the turtle pond. The complimentary breakfast was an added bonus especially for families on a budget. This is one of the few hotels on Waikiki offering a complimentary breakfast. Everything considered I highly recommend the Aqua Oasis. Have a wonderful time in paradise Trip Advisor travelers.

Room Tip: Try too get an upper floor. Keep in mind there are only 8 floors in this hotel, it's rather small.
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank DaveTurlock_ca
Ryan F, Guest Relations Manager at Aqua Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Aloha DaveTurlock_ca, thank you very much for your awesome review!! We appreciate all the positive comments and are very happy that your family members enjoyed their stay with us. We hope that the wedding was fun and would love to welcome you to stay with us next time. Mahalo

With aloha,
Ryan

Reviewed 18 January 2018

We stayed in a room with a kitchenette with our three young children; the location was fine and the staff were all really helpful. One staff member in particular (apologies for not recalling her name, she worked at the front desk on the evening of the 10th Jan) gave great recommendations for the kids and came up with some great solutions for our various random issues as we settled in. The continental breakfast was good (kids loved the donuts), the lobby with the turtles and fish (and lizards if you look) was exciting for the kids, the room was a good size and had good air conditioning, the pool was convenient and not busy and the shuttle was really useful. I'd read in earlier reviews that the rooms were loud, but ours was at the back of the hotel and we had no issues.
A few things stopped it from being perfect; the kitchen wasn't well equipped (although the front desk sent up bowls, etc, when we asked) and could really use a kettle and a dishcloth. There was a sign in the bathroom telling us to hang towels to keep or leave them on the floor to change, but there was nothing to say there was no service unless requested. The pool was nice but has a really steep gradient so wasn't particularly great for kids. We'd definitely recommend it, it wasn't a bargain but it was a fair price in an adequate location.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
Ryan F, Guest Relations Manager at Aqua Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Aloha nzkw2018, sorry for the late reply. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are glad that the kids enjoyed seeing our fish and turtles and that you enjoyed our amenities. We would love to welcome you for another vacation stay in the future! Mahalo, Ryan

Reviewed 15 January 2018

I can't remember if it was room 212 or room 221 but it was located directly across from the housekeeping office. So forget about any sleep after 5 a.m when the employees arrive for their shifts and start opening the door, punching in, taking out cleaning equipment, etc.

It was also an ADA room (which I didn't need) and it looked like it was half built. Besides a very awkward shower set up (due to it being ADA), there were patched walls that were in desperate need of paint.

I kindly asked for another room but was told they were all booked and couldn't move me. Hmm. . . I decided to check if this was true and went online and saw that they were still accepting reservations for that evening for the same type of room I had.

Thank goodness I was traveling for work because I can't imagine staying in that room for vacation, no matter what the price was. That room should only be rented as a last resort. Like if there was some sort of emergency and they had to put people up wherever they could.

This was my second time staying here. First time was great. Won't stay again.

Room Tip: Stay away from 212 or 221 (directly across from housekeeping)
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business
4  Thank callt
Ryan F, Guest Relations Manager at Aqua Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Dear callt, Aloha, and thank you for your review. I'd like to apologize for your experience with room 212 as you mentioned, we only try to rent that room to guests who need the ADA shower. I can assure you that we were sold out that night and while it may seem that the clerk was being untruthful, let me explain the discrepancy. When the clerk checked our room inventory, we had no empty vacant rooms at that time. However, sometimes there is a time lag between the hotel closing the room inventory and the inventory that shows up on websites. There are times when we are fully booked, closed off and somehow a reservation gets through our system. Of course, we make every effort to try and prevent that from happening. So with 100% certainty, I can assure you that if we had a vacant room at that time, the clerk would have gotten you into that room. As for the housekeeping office, I will inform the delivery people as well as our housekeeping department to be considerate of the noise in the early mornings. I will show them your review as reference. Not only for your experience, but for our future ADA guests as well.
As you mentioned, this was your second time staying here and the first was great. We kindly ask that you give us another chance (without staying in 212) and we promise that your stay with us will be great again.

Sincerely and with aloha,
Ryan

Reviewed 13 January 2018

The staff at Aqua Oasis go out of their way to please. I had requested a quiet room, but because I arrived close to midnight, they gave me the last room, which was next to the elevator, and to noisy construction. I asked to be moved to a quiet room the next day. Ryan, Jhara, and Cliff worked together to move me into a great room that was significantly quieter. They were great! The Bell Captain, Michael was really helpful booking an airport shuttle for my return trip. Bravo to the staff at this hotel, that is situated in the best part of Waikiki.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, the staff will work with you to find you a quiet room.
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business
Ryan F, Guest Relations Manager at Aqua Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2018

Aloha Guest33, and thank you very much for your review!! We appreciate your positive comments and we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! I will make sure to pass on your praise to Ryan, Jhara, Cliff, and Mike and we are glad that you enjoyed the hospitality. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Oahu.

Mahalo,
Ryan F

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Very reasonable, convenient location, friendly and nice staffs.
何度も利用しています。リーズナブルなのに立地がかなり良く、スタッフの方々も親切に対応してくださいます。朝食は無料で提供され、ロビーにはウォーターサーバーも用意されています。また、ランドリーはフロントのすぐ裏にあり他ホテルに比べて安く利用できるのでとても便利です。お部屋はキッチン付きではない方に毎回宿泊していますが、広めで過ごしやすく、バスルームはバスタブが結構大きいのでゆったりしていて、シャワーカーテンの代わりにガラス戸で仕切られているため水がバスタブの外に漏れることもなく、とても使いやすいです。セキュリティも入り口のところに見張りの方が常駐しているため安心して過ごせます。ビーチに行くときはビーチ用のバスタオルを無料で貸し出ししています。ハワイ渡航歴10回以上で、これまで数々のホテルを利用してきましたが、この価格帯で提供される設備・サービスとしては文句のつけどころが見当たりません。とにかくコスパが最高なのでハワイのリピーターの方々には特にオススメです。

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family