15 people are viewing this hotel
$189
$189
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Lol.travel
$155
Official Hotel$189
Hotels.com$189
ZenHotels.com$196
4,910 results
All reviews the study day bed pool area adult pool waikiki beach ala moana shopping our honeymoon min walk pool staff the main strip partial ocean view city view abc store the hilton hawaiian village pools concierge daybed
Selected filters
Reviewed August 9, 2022

Love this hotel - its a little off the main strip but closer to Ala Moana for shopping.
There is no beach access, but you don't need it with the epic pools that The Modern has. I will happily spend all day poolside as all their loungers have umbrellas + food service. Can't wait to come back.

2  Thank amjaynz
The Modern Honolulu, Guest Services / Front Office at The Modern Honolulu, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2022

Aloha amjaynz,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the kind remarks and excellent rating.

Reviewed August 8, 2022

All I can say is my stay at the modern Honolulu far outweighed the dozens of other hotels I’ve stayed at in Waikiki. The service is immaculate and the rooms seem to be much cleaner and more accommodating than most in the area. My biggest complaint would be that I wasn’t able to stay for a few more days ‍♂️

Date of stay: August 2022
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
The Modern Honolulu, Guest Services / Front Office at The Modern Honolulu, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2022

Aloha jonathangreening,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the excellent rating!

Reviewed August 1, 2022

My stay was absolute torture, and I couldn’t wait to leave. I felt threatened every time I walked out of my hotel room. Guests were interacting with hotel staff and made rude comments about me every time I walked by them.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
The Modern Honolulu, Guest Services / Front Office at The Modern Honolulu, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2022

Aloha Joshua2048,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us, someone from the property will be contacting you. Mahalo!

Reviewed July 26, 2022

Hotel Staff were all friendly and hospitable. The atmosphere was fun and relaxing. Rooms were clean and pool and refreshments and food was excellent. Everyone in our family and friends were happy and if given the opportunity will come again hopefully in the near future.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
The Modern Honolulu, Guest Services / Front Office at The Modern Honolulu, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2022

Aloha VictorSantos2022,

Reviewed July 23, 2022

The beds aren’t even full. It’s DOUBLE BEDS. No balconies, dirty as hell, no room service, and horrible staff. Don’t waste your money- oh yeah, they charge you an extra $200 for NOTHING! Hate it here, horrible location and made my stay in Waikiki regrettable. If you’re smart, go to Waikiki Beachcomber instead! They’re great, and actually clean!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Kenric Lo, Guest Services / Front Office at The Modern Honolulu, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2022

Aloha Amberlei009,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay with us. We sincerely apologize we did not meet your expectations during your stay. We do advertise that our rooms have 2 double beds and that all rooms with 2 double beds have no balcony. Thank you for your feedback as we will have the appropriate department verify all websites have the correct information. The $200 security deposit is only a hold on your reservation in case there were any damages to your room after you check out, but will be refunded back to you. Please allow 7-10 business days for the security deposit to be refunded. Mahalo!