All reviews downtown honolulu aloha tower business district floor to ceiling windows medical center business hotel reserved parking iolani palace beautiful mountain view living room full kitchen within walking distance washer dryer street level love staying business travel bus lines
Reviewed 8 December 2018 via mobile

This hotel is in a run down neighbourhood. Don’t go out at night. The rooms were worn out. Carpets were dirty and ragged. Beds were OK. The restaurant was a ‘sports ‘ bar type. The hotel book suggested McD’s for breakfast. Traffic noises were heard on the 19th floor.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Terry D, General Manager at Aston at the Executive Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2018

Aloha,
Our condotel is in the heart of downtown Honolulu with each unit privately owned/ decorated and apologize as the unit you stayed was not one of our better ones, and have been working with owner to make upgrades.
I hope your business conducted was convenient to the property.

Reviewed 3 December 2018 via mobile

I was sent over to Honolulu for two months by my company and needed long term accommodation. I spoke to the manager at Aston at the Executive Centre and was given a great long term stay deal in a room with a kitchen, laundry and beautiful views. I have very little complaints about this hotel. I felt safe and comfortable the entire visit and it was centrally located to stores and anything I would need. The front desk staff were always helpful when I had questions and were wonderful about bringing me up a working key when mine would demagnitize (nearly once a week likely because I didn't notice it touching my phone!)

The only con(?) I have is the fire alarm appears to be very sensitive and went off twice during my stay. I was 30+ floors up and both times the fire alarm went off, I had to walk down 30+ flights of stairs to find out it was a false alarm. However, nice to know that if there ever was a real fire you would be informed! I just wish there was a firefighter poll down to the bottom floor for top floor residences.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Terry D, General Manager at Aston at the Executive Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2018

Aloha,
Mahalo for sharing your positive comments about your extended stay and nice to hear you enjoyed the property and accommodations. Sorry for experiencing 2 alarms during your stay and your safety is our priority and hope to have you back again when work calls....

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

Not bad for the price you’ll pay. Beautiful room! Awesome view from the 23rd floor! Nice amenities in the room. Only thing that was disappointing... they provide good coffee for the coffee maker in the room, but I had no coffee cups...?! I told the front desk upon checking out and they replied “I’m so sorry sir. You should have called, we would have run some up to you right away.” I have no reason not to believe that. Staff was very helpful with keeping my bags all day after checking out and not having a flight until later in the evening. All in all, highly recommended!

Date of stay: November 2018

Aloha,
Nice to hear you enjoyed your suite and the view during your stay and hope you can return in future!

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

So it’s a bit different. Lobby is accessed via escalators to below street level.
Rooms have amazing views.
Rating of 4 stars reflects location, views and convenience. Otherwise it’s bed on a nice clean room.
Lovely front desk.
It’s not a resort.
It’s not the best hotel to bring a family for a vacation unless it’s centered around downtown and Chinatown

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Terry D, General Manager at Aston at the Executive Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Aloha ,
We appreciate your positive comments regarding our downtown location and agree we are best suited for customers that have business or purpose within our area for convenience.

Reviewed 26 October 2018

Appalling. Filthy, cigarette burned carpet. Booked for 3 nights, stayed one. Would have left immediately but we arrived about 10:45 in the evening (having told hem we would be arriving late) to find that the lifts were closed for maintenance from 11:00 so we were "marooned" on he 34th floor.Room was old, musty and very run down. Reception hard to find, it is in the basement of an office tower with no signs.

Room tip: Go somewhere else
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Aloha,
Our apologies for your experience and that your late night arrival caused some challenges not being aware of our well announced elevator outage that evening. I am told that although a room change was offered, you chose to checkout the next day.