Hilltop Inn(Newport)
US$295
US$299
US$359
US$257
The Chanler at Cliff Walk(Newport)
US$750
Agoda.com
US$295
Orbitz.com
Cliffside Inn(Newport)
US$415
Official Site
US$835
All reviewsfrittatafront porchenjoyed our staymodestoresolvedviking
Reviewed 5 July 2017

My wife and I stayed for 4 nights (June 28th through July2nd) at the Bellevue Manor to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. This was our first time in Newport so we were naturally concerned about the inn and the location. Once we arrived we were pleasantly surprised. The location is excellent (2 blocks from wharf) and the room was great. Bed was comfortable and clean, spacious bathroom with Jacuzzi and shower. We stayed right next to the huge porch so we had a great view of the street and had quick access to sit at the porch to relax. This hotel was built circa 1835 so it is quite old. We loved the old charm and the history. However, if you are looking for a 5 star hotel, then this is not the place for you. The breakfast was great - French toast, pancakes, ham, frittata, all kinds of baked goods, coffee and juice. They will also accommodate special requests. Parking was available, however on some nights we needed help from the staff to find a parking space as the lot was full. Quickly resolved. The manager was very helpful and even suggested a very nice restaurant to celebrate our 25th. We definitely enjoyed our stay and will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank C0untryTravelers
innsonbellevue, General Manager at Bellevue Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at Bellevue Manor. I hope you will come back to Newport.as we would be delighted to welcome you back to our inn.

Regards,
Paul Galluscio

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

We loved the charming guesthouse. The staff was very friendly. Our room was spacious and very clean. I really enjoyed the front porch. It was a beautiful night and heard the entertainment from the Viking. Very close to restaurants and shopping. Loved the quaintness of the area. Breakfast was awesome. Quiche, ham, breakfast rolls , fruit and more.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for taking time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

Regards,
Paul Galluscio

Reviewed 25 June 2017

We wanted a pet friendly hotel as we had no dog sitter for Father's Day weekend. We made a "reservation request" and asked to confirm that dogs are welcome. We got back an email with just an answer to my inquiry, but no confirmation of a booking. I had provided a credit card number with the inquiry, first checking for any cancellation policy on the inquiry form (There was none.) Days before our trip, we decided to cancel the reservation. On the first attempt to cancel, we were told they could not help us because the reservation was made through Booking.com. Huh? We called again the next day and told them we know we booked directly. They cancelled the room without providing any information about charges. The email they sent stated that we had been charged for one night and now listed a previously hidden cancellation policy. Instead of arguing, we decided to go. Check in took way too long as the front desk clerk took two phone calls while assisting me. After at least five minutes with each call, she would ask for their number to call them back. Very inconsiderate to the customer in front of her. The room we booked was a "junior suite". It was very outdated and worn. They was no soap and we had to trudge back to the front desk clerk who had to search for supplies. The room made me nervous as it was on the first floor room with just a doorknob lock. There was no dead bolt. The bathroom was tiny. There was about six inches from the shower to the toilet and about the same space from toilet to bathroom door. Breakfast offered some homemade items, but when we went down a full half hour before serving ended, there was one half of a French toast left with some cold pastries. All other hot trays were depleted. I also noticed a safety issue in small boards with nails sticking out were sitting on the windowsill. We took the dog out for the morning so the room could be made up. When we returned, we noticed that no one had been in. We crated the dog so he wouldn't do any damage and went back out. When we returned, we noticed that someone had been in to leave towels and toilet paper, but not to make up the bed. The dog had gone crazy in the crate with a stranger around, knocking over his water and food bowls. We cleaned it up the best we could. Late that night, we left the dog crated once more to go out to dinner. When we returned, we noticed small ants crawling all over his food. Ugh!. That was the final straw. I will never stay here again. The establishment is way overpriced for the poor service and accommodations.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2017

It's on the same street as most of the mansions & also close to downtown. There is off street parking directly behind the manor. We stayed in Rm 131 which surprisingly had 4 rooms: 2 bedrms, a livingrm/kitchen area, & a large bathrm with a jacuzzi tub. Our package included snacks, a bottle of wine (Yellowtail Pinor Grigio), & breakfast. Breakfast consisted of baked items, fruit, cereal, toast, jam, peanut butter, nutella, coffee, milk, & orange juice. There were 2 hot items: fritatta & french toast 1 day then french toast & sliced ham the 2nd morning. I purchased the 2 night stay specifically for the jacuzzi tub as a treat for my boyfriend since he has joint/muscle soreness. However, when he went to use it, there were bugs coming out of the water jet holes. We told the front desk & showed them the video of what was in the tub. He apologized & said it would get taken care of while we were out. The next day my boyfriend soaked in the tub 1st then got out before he turned on the jets (a good thing he did) & bugs still came out of the jets! We were checking out that day & ran into the cleaning woman, Heather (very nice lady), so we mentioned it to her. She said management never told her about our issue. We told management at the front desk that there was still a problem with the jacuzzi. My boyfriend let him know that he left the tub as is so they could see the bugs in the water. All of the staff were very nice but our problem was never resolved nor was I compensated for the disappointment in our stay (perhaps a dinner voucher for a restaurant in town or a percentage off the 2 night stay cost); especially since I booked this property for the jacuzzi & had let them know that at the time of the booking as well as when we had both days of bug issues. This is the 1st B&B that we've ever stayed at so I'll try another B&B eventually, but for now I'm going back to staying at the Marriott. Also, the thermostat was at a set temperature of 77 degrees that you couldn't change, only keep it on or off. The vent in the master bedroom blew into the closet so if you want to get the full effect of the cool air then you need to keep the closet door open.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2017

My daughters and I really enjoyed our stay at the Bellevue Manor. The manor reminded me of my favorite Aunt Peggy's house, charming, historic and friendly. The Manor's perfect location within walking distance to downtown Newport and across from the Viking was a plus! Modesto, the Innkeeper's assiatant was friendly, accomodating and helpful. The continental breakfast in the sunny morning room was a great way to start the day. We will return!

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family