Hilltop Inn(Newport)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$295
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$340/night.

US$257
The Chanler at Cliff Walk(Newport)
US$750
Cliffside Inn(Newport)
US$415
Official Site
US$835
All reviewsfront porchluxury suitemade to order eggsbed and breakfastwithin walking distancethe ground floorthe room was niceno elevatorfree parkingthe cliffcerealweaverstwin
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

You will receive the quaint B&B you'd expect at Admiral Weavers. Instructions were plentiful upon arrival. Our room was cozy, but what we needed for overnight accommodations. Had an issue with air conditioner, but it was fixed immediately. Such a nice covered front porch to sit and relax. Easy to find your way to the Cliff Walk and the many mansions to tour from here. We stayed on 2nd floor. No elevator. If you are staying on 3rd floor, you must walk outside to gain access to your room.
Made to order breakfast was the highlight of our stay. Just wonderful. Would definitely stay here again. Parking behind the building is tight! Do not bring a large vehicle here.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with friends
Eugene T, Manager at Admiral Weaver Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

Our Staff and myself are doing our best providing to all guests the best possible service and attention and it is a big pleasure for us when our guests are really appreciate it.
Thank you for the honest review. I think, it is really help our future guest to know us better.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

The inn looks like it was recently renovated and nicely done in my opinion. We had a queen and twin bed on the first floor with a fabulous large bathroom that included a jet tub bath tub. The room itself was a smaller size which is to be expected in an inn or bed and breakfast. The bed was very comfortable with great pillows and amazingly soft sheets and blankets. They were definitely a highlight to be noted. The common areas like the front porch, dining room and kitchen/ snack room was a good size and plenty of room for all. The front porch was relaxing to sit on with the mini waterfall fixture which made it soothing to listen to. The only pitfall of being in room number one on the first floor was definitely the morning wake up to the free breakfast that is served in the common area just outside our room. We still loved our stay and between all the pros and very few cons it is still an inn we will definitely return to.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Eugene T, Owner at Admiral Weaver Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Thank you for the review and hopefully we will see you again in the future!

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

I was staying at an Airbnb a few houses up but wanted to extend my time in Newport so came here as I had passed it many times.

The place must have recently gone through a complete refurb as everything was new from the outside furniture to the inside breakfast area. I was on the ground floor (first room on the left). It was very spacious with a side area to watch TV and a super bathroom with loads of fresh towels - the room was truly spotless.

The bed and pillows were super comfy and the room had hanging space, iron + board, small quiet fridge and a safe. The WiFi is also very strong. It was soo much better than my Airbnb that I wished I had stayed here from the beginning.

Not sure what all the previous negative reviews were about as I can only recommend this place very highly!!

Stayed: May 2018, traveled solo
Eugene T, Owner at Admiral Weaver Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Hi, We are doing our best to offer the best quality service to all guests. Thank you for your honest review. It will help other our future guests to know us better. I hope we will see you again in the future!

Reviewed 13 May 2018

I was looking for a place to say during a two week training course at the Naval base, but because of the sailing being in town the prices for hotel rooms were ridiculously high WAY beyond what the govt will pay. I spoke with Eugene - the owner - and he dropped his rate to what the Govt would pay instantly. This please is really fantastic, clean all the time, the breakfast is made to order and you can order whatever you like. The staff is great and Eugene even let me borrow his coat one day. Unbelievable place and fantastic people. I will stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Military members stay here, Eugene will work with you to meet the Govt lodging rate!
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Brian C
Eugene T, Manager at Admiral Weaver Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

My staff and my self working very hard and doing our best to accommodate people like you.
Thank you for your review it is really help us to improve our customer service and to know us better with our future guests.
We are looking for to see you in the future!

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Location is perfect for boat show and cafes & shopping but hotel needs updates.
Felt a little back in a time warp. Clean and friendly service and breakfast & parking included a bonus.
Host was very nice.