“Not great”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We had never been to a sizzler before, and probably won't be again. It's not that the place is terrible, its just not what we expected. The place reminded me of an old Ponderosa, it is somewhat dated. I am not use to a steak restaurant where you order your dinner before you sit down. The "steak" wasn't much bigger than a large hotdog. The service was fine, but atmosphere and food was lacking.

SizzlerTeam, Manager at Sizzler - Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

We're terribly disappointed to hear that your expectations were not met here at our S Milton Rd location, Kevin. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it will help us make changes and adaptations to benefit all our guests moving forward. We'd like the chance to make things right. Please email us at feedback@sizzlerusa.com and we'll be in touch.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

First, I know this is a chain restaurant. I've never been to one though, and was moderately impressed with this visit.

We found a seat and Hannah arrived to get our drinks for us. She also offered the cheesy toast. In observing other customers this wasn't a given. Some had to ask because it hadn't been offered.

My wife ordered the NY Strip and I had a sirloin. While a bit overpriced in my opinion, the steaks were done to perfection. It was also seasoned well and had a good crust on it. I've been to steak houses that run the gamut from cheap to suit and tie expensive, and this was one of the better ones. The baked potatoes were also quite good. In all, I was impressed given my lower expectations.

I would also like to give a separate kudos to Hannah, our server. She was friendly and outgoing and attentive without hovering or being pushy. She kept the table cleared without trying to grab plates out from under us, kept our drinks filled and overall did a great job.

If we ever find ourselves back in Flagstaff, I would definitely consider stopping here again.

SizzlerTeam, Manager at Sizzler - Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

CMDecker, We are very pleased to read your review. Thank you so much for sharing. It is great to hear your steaks were done to perfection here at our Milton Road location. We hope you will come and visit us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

We have not eaten in a Sizzler in years. They have been gone from our area for quite a while. We use to take our children there a lot. They were jealous that we got to eat here.
This is not a five star restaurant, but for what it is, it is very good food. We ate here twice in our trip to Flagstaff. We ordered a meal as well as had the salad bar. The salad bar had quite a good selection and things seemed to be kept full and fresh. The other foods (Tacos, fried chicken, potatoes, etc) were ok. We preferred the salad bar anyway. There were not as many desserts as we seemed to remember and they were not replenished as well as the salads (meaning either the chocolate or the bread pudding was empty) while we were there. The cookies were so-so. But we had more than enough to eat. The cheese toast was brought to us upon request.
The service was pleasant and quick.

SizzlerTeam, Manager at Sizzler - Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Thank you kindly for your thorough review of your experience at our Milton Road location. We are glad you liked your meal overall and let us know about the issues you've encountered. We will let our team know what they could improve. We'll be happy to see you and your family dine with us again soon.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

Everyone was nice enough, but half of the silverware and plates at our table had food remnants stuck to them. Obviously there's no attention paid to this, although it's doesn't seem like that hard of a thing. The overall cleanliness of the place was questionable too with napkins, silverware, and bits of food on the carpet. The salad bar also had a few empty items such as the chicken noodle soup which had a couple ounces of liquid in the bottom of the bowl for about 25 mins. It was getting refilled as we were leaving. The vegetables that came with our steaks and chicken dinners were luke warm and some pieces even cooler than that. For the price we paid, it was not worth it. Probably why most Sizzlers have gone out of business already.

SizzlerTeam, Manager at Sizzler - Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Hi Jay, we are very grateful to you for letting us know about your visit to our Milton Road restaurant. Cleanliness of our dishes and facilities is one of our top priorities, so we are very unhappy to hear we failed you in this respect. Please email us at feedback@sizzlerusa.com, so that we can make this right.

-Your Local Flagstaff Sizzler Team

Reviewed 11 January 2018

I got the senior menu sirloin tips with the salad bar. They were nicely prepared on a bed of rice pilaf. The salad bar was the usual Sizzler fare, with everything I wanted. The service was excellent, with the waitress asking me what I needed when I needed it. The senior menu included everything, which some Sizzlers don't. No surprises, everything properly done, including an excellent baked potato, at a very reasonable price.

SizzlerTeam, Manager at Sizzler - Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

We are thrilled you have such positive impressions from your recent visit at our S Milton Rd location, Stephen! We're very happy to hear that you had a great time with us. We hope to see you dining with us again very soon, for another tasty meal.

-Your Local Flagstaff Sizzler Team