“Great tacos!”

Badass Tacos
Ranked #21 of 238 Restaurants in Thousand Oaks
Cuisines: Mexican, Street Food
Reviewed 4 April 2018

This place is great- as the name implies, they have great, simple tacos. They are not huge- I usually order 3-5 of them, but they have a big selection of different meats from steak to chicken to pork, etc. They have a great salsa bar so you can load up your tacos as well.

They also make a solid burrito.

The place is very casual- with some small indoor seating and a bunch of covered picnic tables outside.

A fun place to go! I highly recommend it!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Loved the wide variety of taco fillings at this little place. I had Chorizo y Papa (sausage & potato), Al Pastor, and Lechon (roasted pork). Great flavors and plenty of salsas to choose from. They are small, but cheap, so you will need 3, 4 or 6 to really fill up, but they are all good. Definitely recommend for a nice lunch or a light dinner.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Driving by we stopped by for a quick bite. My wife ordered a couple of Asada Tacos which she claimed were good. When I ordered my Burrito I asked for Ground Beef, when it came out, it turned out to be Steak. When I took it back and advised of the mistake, I was then informed that they do not have Ground Beef. There was no apology made as she could have told me when I ordered it at the beginning. As I am not able to eat steak due to a medical condition, I ended up having to order something else. No refunds! No apologies! No discounts! No come back!

1  Thank John A
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Local place with by far the tastiest carnitas we've had in awhile. The meat was flavorful and tender steeped in a Yucatan sauce that was delicious. The Horchata is not to be missed. Cinnamon-y and rich. Treat yourself. It's worth it.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch on way from LAX to Ventura. Authentic award winning tacos served with a variety of salsas or tomatillo sauce. Great selection of fillings from chicken, grilled cod, braised short ribs to a variety of slow cooked pork options. Super friendly prompt service and food was ready in mere minutes. Well worth taking the time to stop in here for lunch, dinner or even a late night snack as they are open until midnight. Easily accessible off the 101, these tacos are a must try when in central California. Enjoy!