“over cooked- fried dry and hard”
Review of Long John Silver's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Long John Silver's
Ranked #414 of 577 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Reviewed March 23, 2017

Very disappointing food and I was starving. Got a combo plate to try a variety. Fried to a crispy greasy dead level. All batter, like no fish inside. Nice service at the counter. Clean.

Reviewed January 22, 2017

Had a combo platter. It was good and unexceptional. The downside was that the hushpuppies got rock hard if they weren't eaten immediately. I kinda like them so it was disappointing having to throw them away. I mean rock hard. But the ones I ate first were really good. go figure.

Reviewed July 22, 2016

We ate late and it was just ok, the fish we ordered was precooked and probably set out so the fish was didnt taste fresh. Or it was in the hot oil too long. The slaw was excellent.

Reviewed February 21, 2016

Coming from a seaside town in England we know our fish and chips. It was therefore with trepidation that we dared to try Long Johns. We were very pleasantly surprised. The fish had a nice crispy batter and the chips were rather small like French Fries but tasty all the same. It was served almost instantly.

Reviewed February 7, 2016

LJS used to be one of my favorites among fast food restaurants, but they're fewer and harder to find these days. So I was pleased to see this one and perhaps entered with heightened expectations. Tried the sampler platter ($10) thinking that would give me a wide range of tastes and help select the best meal next time. Sadly, it all tasted the same -- the fish,the shrimp, the clams, the hush puppies, and the chicken, all coated in the same batter and apparently deep fat fried in the same oil (I used to cook). I will say the staff were all very friendly and service at dinner time on a weekday evening was swift.