“Worthy "cheat day" splurge...”
Review of Loyal Hound

Loyal Hound
Ranked #54 of 610 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: American, Pub, Gastropub
Description: Gastropub served locally sourced comfort food. Offering Craft Beer, Cider and wine to pair with scratch made food.
Reviewed 1 October 2017

I'm not on a diet but if I ever were, I'd come here on cheat day. Calorie-enriched foods that are well prepared, fresh, beautifully presented and come in at a price point less than Cheesecake Factory. Cozy space populated with what appeared to be regulars. Friendly service and well-rounded menu of beer and wine. Portions are ample so you'll have to get a to-go box if you intend to eat dessert.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

We had read about this place and had been wanting to try it, so the opportunity presented itself this week. We were not disappointed! There's so much talk about "the best hamburger in Santa Fe", but this place should be on that list!! I almost never eat hamburgers due to the lack of quality meat - no matter how touted they are. But I had a good feeling about this place due to what I had read, so I ordered one. Wow. Perhaps the best I have ever had! I asked for medium rare, and medium rare it was, quality meat, quality fries, quality everything...!
The place is designed wonderfully as well - very comfortable and homey.
Overall, I highly recommend everyone to try it. It has a lovely bar area for a cozy date, or just a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere with excellent food and service. You will not be disappointed in spending your money there, I assure you...

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Just had my second visit to this lovely, local favorite. Wonderful fresh salads. Have had the white bean chicken green chile stew two times! Yum, plan to try this! Service is very attentive and friendly! Pretty busy for a Monday night. Unexpectedly tasted the Green Chile Cheese Cake when a neighboring table sent over a shared piece of her large serving...holy cow it was over the top creamy, rich and interesting. Give this place a try, well worth your time!

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Visited this restaurant as part of a getaway weekend ... we were seated quickly, ordered Cubano sandwiches which were very hearty and delicious, followed by a couple of rounds of dark-ish beers, The Green Chile Chesecake looked different, though we didn't try it ... Next visit!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

A great place. Hidden in an unglamorous corner of a strip mall. The food is above and beyond what you would expect. If you don't like the fried olives and rosemary-almond appetizer, your taste buds have malfunctioned and you should just go to Applebee's. Really superb comfort food, friendly people. What's not to like?

Date of visit: September 2017

Been to Loyal Hound? Share your experiences!