“Great food at a local place”
Review of Pantry Restaurant

Pantry Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 576 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: The Pantry Restaurant has been a Santa Fe landmark since 1948. We offer a unique take on a diner, where the cuisine of Northern New Mexico meets traditional American food. We have been serving quality fresh from scratch comfort food for over sixty years. You will be pleased with our fast and friendly service while enjoying the best chile in Santa Fe. As a family owned business we pride ourselves on serving the freshest and most quality ingredients to all of our guests and we promise to treat you like part of the family.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Based on the reviews here we decided to try the Pantry by chance. We are really glad we did. We were here on a week night so we didn't have to wait for a table. Service was fantastic, and we got our food quickly. Their guacamole and salsa was great but we didn't care for their chips, too thick. I was surprised that we had to pay for salsa and chips where most restaurants you get that free. Nevertheless our food was great. I got the cheese enchilada and my husband got the brisket burrito. The burrito was wonderful. Wish I hadn't been too full to taste the sopapillas because they looked so great. We definitely will be back!

4  Thank Jane_A60
Michael S, Owner at Pantry Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I'm glad that brisket burrito lived up to expectations, Jane. Thank you both for stopping by! Hope you return to give our sopapillas a try soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We came for lunch on a Monday after a funeral and we waited 30 minutes for a table. We got drinks right away and ordered chips and salsa. The salsa was very good, chips were a little thick. It took another half hour to order our food. Once it came, it was fantastic and generous proportions. The chile rellanos were fantastic, stuffed with cheese and a with a great tasting red chili sauce served with fried rice and pinto beans. Others enjoyed huevos rancheros, stuffed sopapillas, and cheese enchiladas. One of us got chicken fried steak and said it was wonderful. Well worth the wait, but don't go if in a hurry.

1  Thank Cgeck
Michael S, Owner at Pantry Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I'm glad the chile rellenos were worth the wait. Thank you for coming in -- hope to see you again soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed October 16, 2017

Tried to come here for breakfast the first time, but the line was out the door...so we went to another recommended spot that ended up disappointing.

Came back to try again for dinner a few months later, and it was GREAT!! Everything had a fresh, homemade taste and was just really hearty and delicious. The chips were FANTASTIC, the beans were amazing, and I don't even remember what else I had (I think maybe huevos rancheros, and my sis had fish tacos)...but I remember EVERYTHING being really good.

DEFINITELY worth waiting for. Wish I hadn't wasted my time at that other spot!

4  Thank 918SarahJane

We already caught up with you on Yelp, Sarah, but we just wanted to thank you again for stopping by. Hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed October 15, 2017

We felt like we had stepped back into the 60s - in a good way.
Comfort food! The staff was so friendly and helpful. Everyone worked to make sure we were treated well. The food was just as it should be and lots of it!
And good, hot, fresh coffee served in sturdy diner mugs.

2  Thank Laurie N

I'm happy you could travel back in time with us, Laurie! It sounds like the food, service, and coffee all added up to an enjoyable experience. Thanks for stopping by -- looking forward to the next time you head our way.

Reviewed October 15, 2017

A short trip brought us to Santa Fe and the desire for some comfort food after all the delicious New Mexican cuisine. The line out the door at the Pantry told us right away that we were at the right place! Not only that but the locals waiting in line also told us verbally! We had a hamburger and the Black Bean burger and both were very good accompanied by more fries than we could eat. We enjoyed the staff and friendly folks so much that we went for breakfast the day we left. Huevos Rancheros actually fogged my glasses and the cinnamon roll was the size of the plate. Both were outstanding. Branch out and try other things but it is worth the 20 minute wait we had both times! Enjoy!

I'm delighted we were worthy of multiple visits during your stay out here, Susan! It sounds like the burgers and huevos rancheros hit all the right notes on each visit. Thank you for joining us -- can't wait to have you back the next time you're in town.