“Fabulous food in a wonderful atmosphere .”

The Kitchen at Plants of the Southwest
Ranked #215 of 600 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Reviewed 7 May 2018

I am tempted to either not review this place at all or else give it a very negative review - it is popular enough as it is - It's excellent - love Olive, tho' I've never told her so !!
My fav place, at the moment.

3  Thank john s

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

You have no idea what a fresh salad tastes like until you've eaten at "The Kitchen. All the greens & vegetables are grown on the property. They have redefined the word "fresh".

Spicy burritos that explode your taste buds with flavor but don't numb your mouth.

A polenta with eggs further enhanced with fresh herbs which refuses to let you stop eating because it is so good.

Desserts of perfection which can't be passed up no matter how full you may be. The perfect end to a perfect meal.

The menu changes daily.

Very limited seating so you must make reservations.

12  Thank rebboeb
Reviewed 16 September 2017

I was reluctant to write a review because I love this restaurant so much I didn't want it to become too popular. However, after reading some of the "so-so" reviews I figured I would put in my review. First, there is NOTHING like this restaurant in all of Santa Fe and wherever I travel too. I love that it is all one seating, and reminds me of the times I lived in Italy, and lunch was a celebration where one could sit and relax all afternoon. Yep this place is just like that! The food is all homemade. Nothing commercial, all organic, home grown veggies. I like to eat very healthy so mostly make my own food, but I make an exception eating out by going to The Kitchen. You are surrounded by calmness, gorgeous plants all around, open doors and breezes. This is the local favorite for all my friends who enjoy a lunch "experience". The food is always always delicious, fresh, and inventive. For those few folks who wrote a negative review - you just don't know what good food and atmosphere is.

8  Thank nancy3332017
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Ok, so I've eaten here a lot, but when you live in Santa Fe and run an Inn you like it to be awesome when you go spend money on someone else's cooking. This always is.

Since last year, Olive (the chef) has taken up pottery and has beautiful plates for sale. And she has hired a pastry/dessert assistant, so there are several desserts (all fabulous) to choose from.

So call, before 11, to make a reservation. And bring cash or a check. and enjoy!

6  Thank Leslie M
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I just had the most delicious lunch. Fresh food from the earth. A most delicious green salad, all dishes are vegetarian and made in the kitchen right there. Only a few tables available Tuesday to Saturday for lunch only! You must call the day of your planned meal and they will call you if you don't make it.

8  Thank Flo M