“margarita's and welcomes”

Ranked #41 of 576 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 30, 2016

We had a lively dinner here celebrating a birthday. The food is always good and the margarita's potent and tasty. We were welcomed by Ray, the manager. Letting us know they appreciate our patronage. How nice. He later brought a cupcake to the birthday girl. One that was actually personally brought in for their staff and had an extra. What a nice personal touch. My favorite chicken enchilada- christmas. And the Yes Dear Margarita.

Reviewed August 30, 2016 via mobile

We eat here on occasion. Good buy usually very busy...the good is hit or missed I think based on the crazy busy kitchen and bar.

Reviewed August 30, 2016

Homey, comfortable, good service. Great for a family meal - low prices, and very pleasant - if standard - Santa Fe Mex cuisine.

5  Thank Kathryn S
Reviewed August 30, 2016

When you are led to your table ask to go through the old bar and ask about its history. Many margarita choices that are excellent. Authentic Mexican food well prepared, but not overly creative, mostly standard choices well executed. Lively atmosphere, likely many locals here.

Reviewed August 29, 2016 via mobile

When we travel to Santa Fe, NM, we have always made a point to stop here because the food and service was so good. NOT ANYMORE!

The food was average at best! The server was very friendly and nice, but forgot to order things and always had an excuse.

My husband loved the guacamole --was the best he's had in a long time. I thought it was good. The tortilla chips were real tortillas, but served cold. I had the pozole and it was different from any I had ever had. It was ok. My husband had the tamales and they were dry. The meatball appetizer was good.

Final recommendation - go for drinks and appetizers.

6  Thank 1ssb