“Awesome margarita's”

Tomasita's Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 576 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Price range: US$9 - US$13
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Description: Tomasita's restaurant is a Santa Fe tradition serving classic Northern New Mexican cuisine. Stop by today for an unforgettable meal! Locally owned and operated in Santa Fe, NM, we take great pride in our high quality food, friendly and fast service, and of course our famous margaritas! Locals have consistently voted us as the premier restaurant for Best Red Chile, Best Green Chile, Best Margaritas, and Best New Mexican Restaurant! Our chiles are out of this world and you won't regret ordering either - or both! Tomasita's is a distinctly Northern New Mexican restaurant. Our recipes have been handed down for generation and serve as a reminder of the melding of cultures that together once depended on the corn, chile, beans, and fruit of the area. Since 1974, the Maryol/Gundrey family has maintained a commitment to the recipes and ingredients of New Mexico. Join us for lunch, dinner, or happy hour and try our traditional recipes with amazing flavor. Don't forget to top off your meal with a homemade dessert - sopapillas anyone
Reviewed June 3, 2015

The chili is tasty and not too hot. The sopaipilla's are delicious with honey butter. However the frozen margarita

1  Thank Brenda H

Reviewed June 2, 2015 via mobile

We met our nephew there with my daughter, her husband, 3 children and a guest. Our sweet waitress brought veggie sticks and dip for the grands- this kept them occupied until the chips and the food came. Their menu was different from southern Mexican restaurants so read it carefully and ask questions. You also get wonderfully warm sopapilla (?) with your meal.

1  Thank Suzybee51
Reviewed June 2, 2015

we all had a really good time here and we all met some very lovely people what else can I say. what else what else whate e

Reviewed June 2, 2015

I have been a frequent visitor and I have to say, I have not left this place unsatisfied one time. There is always a crowd, this is a very popular spot, but the building is large with a lot of seating, and the bar is open seating. So, you wont be waiting long for a seat. While you are waiting, if you are waiting, head to the bar and grab a frozen margarita! Tomasita's is by far my favorite spot in town to relax and enjoy a margarita or 2. I highly recommend the COMBINATION PLATE, with green sauce on the enchiladas, and always always always get a tamale on the side, I can't help myself, they are delicious! Don't skip out on dessert, they have the most fresh sopaipilla's in town!

1  Thank ballison123
Reviewed June 1, 2015 via mobile

Family trip to Santa Fe and Taos for food, shopping and skiing. Arrived early and had a fun and yummy dinner. Great service and red chili. Yum! I wish I was there now!