“KFC food is the same everywhere, but their cash register was very backward”
Review of KFC

KFC
Ranked #375 of 577 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Reviewed August 30, 2016

There's not much to say about KFC. If you've had it once, you've had it everywhere--that's the point of a chain, I believe. We stopped here for a small, late lunch because we were going to have an early dinner. It was almost impossible to buy a 2 piece white meat order. The poor young man behind the counter tried several different times, in different ways, but really couldn't get the cash register to charge the right items. He said the computers on those cash registers were very old and very uncooperative. Luckily it wasn't the height of a lunch rush or no one behind us would ever have been served.

Reviewed August 28, 2016

I told the clerk I didn't like the box specials and that I liked the old plates with 2 side dishes and she said they still have them. I have not heard that anyplace else.

Reviewed August 23, 2015

Sloppy, careless service. I walked out. Don't even try it unless you like to be abused by store clerks.

Reviewed August 14, 2015 via mobile

Good customer service by bilingual employee he was able to explain their confusing menu signage. Better than average experience.

Reviewed April 18, 2015

The food was typical of most KFC's that we have visited. We love the coleslaw recipe and the green beans. And we always order the grilled dark meat. So, no complaints about the food.

Maybe the young man behind the counter was having a bad day. We don't know, but he actually seemed depressed and completely unaware of what was happening around him. I went back to the counter to ask for a take-out box and he never looked up from what he was doing to notice that I was standing there. After a minute a gal in the back noticed me and took off her headset to provide me a box.

We also noticed that a couple of tables that we started to sit at had not been cleaned off. Now I could understand if they were really busy, but this was at 3:30 pm and there was only one other customer in the place.

Looks like someone higher up the chain needs to provide some training in customer relations. We won't be going back to this KFC.