“Poor Attitude of Waitress”
Review of Midtown Bistro

Midtown Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Midtown Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #103 of 576 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2017

I called ahead to reserve a table in the shade on the patio for a special birthday celebration. Although the patio was virtually empty, we were taken to a small, uneven table on the perimeter. I asked for us to be seated somewhere else, as this one looked uncomfortable. The waitress responded that this was where we were to sit. It wasn't long before the hot sun shone on the table, ruining the outdoor dining experience. In addition, my salmon, which cost an additional $6 because it was the "dinner salmon," was overcooked and dry. Sadly, I need to give this place a rest.

Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

We made reservations for 10am on a Sunday morning via Open Table.
At 945am I called to confirm the reservation and received a recording that stated that they opened for Brunch on Sunday at 11am
The google listing also says that they open at 11am
In a rush and very frustrated we found another restaurant to seat us.
One of our party did not get the change of plans and showed up at the Midtown Bistro. They were open and our table was ready!
We had a wonderful brunch instead at the State Capital Kitchen where they absolutely had their act together.
Further research indicated that their website was correct, but at the last moment having to do complete research after being informed by both the phone message as well as google did not seem to be necessary. Note to restaurant: follow through on EVERYTHING is indeed important.

Reviewed July 31, 2017

Just had Sunday Brunch and the food was very good. The service was awful. I'm sure it's hit or miss because the other side of the pleasant patio had severs and bussers hovering constantly. We however, waited 15 minutes for water and then another 25 AFTER we were finished eating to be asked if we would care for anything else..or the check. The patio mind you is small and intimate and it wasn't very busy. The owner/manager was mostly chatting with the entertainer and the chef walked right past us to speak with friends, not acknowledging us at all. All the while , we cleared our own plates and finally started strumming out fingers on the table. Not a soul noticed. The staff were inside chatting amongst themselves. It will be a VERY long time IF ever that we try this place again. Service can ruin good food quickly

Reviewed July 11, 2017

I have dined at this restaurant five times, three for brunch, two for lunch, and have always gone away a little confused. The decor is a lovely, restful, upscale chic, the service is excellent, but the food...
lunch one day was a portobello sandwich, which came with a burned bun, charred black! Every brunch I have ordered the French toast, stuffed with marscapone, topped with blueberries and raspberries. Since the menu said " with fresh berries", I assumed that there would be a real serving of fresh fruit. Each of the three times I have ordered this dish, the plate comes with two pieces of French toast with a paper thin layer of marscapone, exactly three blueberries and two raspberries, and the smallest container of maple syrup I have ever seen, probably holding no more than a tablespoon. The dish does come with three pieces of bacon, but they are always so tough I leave them on the plate. I realize that I expect a full plate of food when I dine out. The skimpiness of what you are served in this restaurant just ruins the entire dining experience. If an establishment that serves food is going to cheap out, they should cut costs by buying low end powder room supplies I doubt that I will go back again. My husband ordered the hamburger and said that it was just okay, not really that great.

Reviewed July 6, 2017 via mobile

Looking for a new Santa Fe eating experience, happened upon mention of this place. Was new to me. Made a luncheon reservation. Showed up a little early. Twas the 2nd week of July. Blazing sun and high 80s. Offered inside or shaded patio. Interior had feel of a "swamp cooler" so we chose outdoors. Note to self: noon outdoor seating can be risky. She had the salmon medium rare and I the 1/2 ABLT (avocado) with chilled avocado & cucumber soup and mixed green salad. The food was exquisitely prepared. Flavors and textures are extraordinary. Service professional and personal. Location a bit difficult to find. Shares area with yoga studio and rock fountain gallery. I'll be back when it's cooler.

5  Thank tbplaw