“The Ambiance Is Better Than The Food”
Review of The Ranch House

The Ranch House
Ranked #8 of 576 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This place is a nicely done building, great staff, and good beer.

However, after eating there twice now, I am yet to be impressed with the food.

My green chile cheese burger was average, at best, with very little flavor in a bland brioche bun.

Next time in the area I will probably go to the Outback out back.

Reviewed October 20, 2017

The food was very good, and presented nicely. The only thing that kept me from giving it 5 stars was the waitress. She seemed in a hurry to get us done and out of there, almost to the point it was like she was " snatching" the empty plates out from underneath us!

Jacinta S, General Manager at The Ranch House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi Clara,
I have just read your review and I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed the food. But, I was very upset by the experience you described with your server. We are a casual family restaurant. We teach our staff that guests should be treated like visitors in our homes. You should never have a server snatching a plate from you! That is not what I would expect when visiting someone's home and definitely not how I expect our servers to treat guest when they come into The Ranch House. I would like to talk with you about this further if it is convenient for you. You can contact me through Trip Advisor or by calling the restaurant directly. I hope to hear from you soon.
Jacinta

Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

For being a smoke house/barbeque place, it is pretty upscale with beautiful decor. The service was amazing...never had such personable service anywhere. The food was very, very good...the pulled pork and brisket combo wasn't too smokey but was very moist and tender. The food presentation was unique and interesting....fries in a miniature fry basket...cute. The burgers and enchiladas the others in the family ordered were equally delicious. I was pleasantly surprised at the affordable prices also. We will definitely be back next time we are in town.

Reviewed October 16, 2017

Wife and I just finished a bus trip through the National Parks and put together our own extension in Santa Fe. The Ranch House was recommended and exceeded expectations of great "Q", price and service. Thank you Christine for a wonderful experience and thank you for a Vet's discount. Wish we lived nearby.

Reviewed October 15, 2017

We ate lunch at the Ranch House on 10/11/17. My wife had the smaller plate special (pulled pork) which she could not finish as it was so large. I had Spicy Pulled Pork Burrito. Again, huge. We have eaten Mexican/Pulled pork all over the US and find these dinners were among the best we have ever had. We will visit this restaurant whenever we revisit Santa Fe.