“"I'm all about making money"”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Santa Fe, NM
“"I'm all about making money"”
Reviewed April 12, 2017

Been a Chows customer for years but a carry out order error gone bad led to an argument with Lucy in which she refused to replace a dish that we were told on the phone was gluten free but was not. My wife called the following day and was treated so rudely by Lucy that we will never go back. Her defense for not replacing the dish was that "I'm here to make money" and then abruptly hung up on my wife. Bye Bye Chows. .. We will not be back and will take our money elsewhere from now on.

• Visited April 2017
1 Thank rickb824

“Best Chinese”
Reviewed April 4, 2017

This place has reliably good quality - food is very good yet not exactly like big city Chinese eateries.

Visited November 2016
Columbia, Maryland
“Excellent Neighborhood Asian”
Reviewed February 24, 2017

Visited here with old friends and ordered three dishes - Almond (and Raisin) Chicken, New Wave Scallops, and Lemon Fish. All were excellent - hard to say which was best. The scallops and chicken were unique and innovative, both very tasty. Prices were a bit on the high side, but it was worth it.

• Visited February 2017
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Classy Asian food focused on Chinese with good service.”
Reviewed December 16, 2016

We just had a small birthday party at Chow's. The signature dish is the coffee chicken. It's amazing. We also had the prawns with walnuts in a sweet/sour sauce and the delectable fried wontons stuffed with a light cheese that came with a lime/ginger sauce. There are many wonderful choices on the menu. Locals know this place so plan to come early if you want a table. Lunch is from 11-2 pm. The service is very good. Thank you to our our guy Brady who is outstanding. My son also received a complimentary birthday dessert which 4 of us shared. Great place and the prices are very reasonable.

• Visited November 2016
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Some of the worst food I have every eaten”
Reviewed October 14, 2016

I don't know what to call it, but Chinese food is the wrong nomenclature. This is some the worst Chinese food I have ever eaten. Everything I have ever tried here has been awful except for the glasses of tap water. Avoid it.

• Visited October 2016