“Great for takeout”

Good for: Families with children
Santa Fe
“Great for takeout”
Reviewed November 21, 2015

Every other week, the wife picks up takeout from Chows. It travels all the way to Eldorado very well. I really love their food. Walnut Shrimp, Coffee Chicken, Lemon Fish, Beef and (well anything) but usually broccoli and any of the various noodle dishes always impress. We've eaten in the restaurant twice over the years but for some reason, take out is our regular M.O. with chows. The food is rather inventive, the quality of the ingredients are very good. On Friday nights when we usually get take out, they are usually very busy with a takeout orders so call ahead and be patient.

• Visited November 2015

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Cheated”
Reviewed October 23, 2015

Went with a coupon for buy one get one that was published for supporters of a local non-profit. They would not honor it! Not expired, not misprinted, they just didn't want to. Period. We felt good about our dinners until then. We paid in full, plus we paid in spades with indigestion and disgust. A real shame as this restaurant used to have a good reputation. No longer.

• Visited October 2015
1 Thank nikki h
Liberty, Missouri
“Crowded at lunch, worth going a little out of the way from I-25”
Reviewed October 2, 2015

Take the St Francis exit, go a few blocks north to an exit on the right for McDonalds, At stop sign, carefully turn left, go under St Francis and see Plaza del Sol catty-corner to McD. It is in there. My hot and sour was the best I have ever had--has diced tomatoes in it. My wife and I each had soup, split an entrée. Bathroom situation is awkward--in back, past the kitchen; pet store next door, so location is not ideal, but the food is tasty.

• Visited September 2015
Horseshoe Bay, Texas
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 30, 2015 via mobile

This is our favorite Chinese restaurant anywhere! My husband has traveled the world, and always looks forward to a visit to this restaurant. The food is excellent! The Pot Stickers were delicious, as was the Dragon Sesame Chicken and the spicy beef and asparagus dish I had, which was a "Special". It is family owned and operated, and tonight, while the Mother was on an emergency trip to China, the rest of the staff absolutely "stepped it up" to make sure everyone was taken care of! The staff is awesome, friendly, knowledgeable, and efficient! We will be back!! Thanks for a great evening!

Visited August 2015
Santa Fe, New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Inedible”
Reviewed July 6, 2015

We ordered carry out dinners. I had "Chow's Spicy". The menu describes it - "This dish is addictively hot! Chicken, beef, shrimp, or tofu rubbed with cayenne chili powder, wok-tossed with garlic, sliced ginger, scallions, and Sichuan dry chili pods". Instead it had broccoli, onions, bell peppers - plus it was packed with small pieces of dried red pepper pods that needed to be picked from every bite and 100's of Sichuan peppercorns that numbed the tongue and did not make it hot. My wife had Dragon Sesame, described as "This is our most popular dish! Sweet sesame glaze with red bell peppers, diced onions, mild garlic chili sauce, and toasted sesame seeds". It had NO VEGETABLES. When I called to complain the person said "we changed the recipe a year ago - people were complaining about too many vegetables". When I started to complain about mine he said "Sorry. Goodbye" and hung up. In addition we had to pay $1.50 each for steamed rice! Ridiculous.

• Visited June 2015