“One of the best 'local' restaurants”

PC's Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #217 of 595 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 9 March 2018

Had lunch today with a couple of friends. Just to clear the definitions, the food is NOT Mexican ... its New Mexican ... and there is a big difference. PCs is what I would define as authentic; much like your grandmother would prepare if she had been raised in northern New Mexico. All the New Mexican dishes are excellent and the daily special is what I typically order as it is often a casserole of some kind. Discard Ken M's criticism ... he obviously does not know New Mexican food and, I suspect, is from out-of-state. The only thing he got right was the quality of the sopapillas. They are not the best in town but are pretty good.

2  Thank billschwent

Reviewed 13 January 2018

One of the most consistently tasty New Mexican restaurants, with an open family oriented seating plan. The burritos are large and well seasoned at a good price. Good for family gatherings. Closed on Mondays

3  Thank brooksb333
Reviewed 9 September 2017

Not sure why so many people are giving this place great reviews. It was recommended to us by the place we are staying in Santa Fe. We also checked reviews on line and found the place to have favorable reviews so we decided to give it a try. We needed a casual, local restaurant to get a quick bite to eat on a Friday night.
The appetizer we ordered (fried jalapeños) was cold--not even warm. We had to send it back. It was hot when returned, but no flavor. Tasted like something straight out of the freezer section at the grocery. We both ordered carnitas which were dry and flavorless. I couldn't eat my meal. The best thing about the menu was the sopapillas. We sat in the bar so that we didn't have to wait 20 minutes for a table. Bad idea. Would never eat there again or recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

Good place to satisfy your taste for Mexican food..... New Mexican and other familiar dishes. We ordered drinks before dinner and noted the bartender or our server were not very engaging. We had to ask our server for chips and salsa.
Overall, the restaurant is large and roomy and is decorated with various types of memorabilia.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

This was a wonderful place to eat. The dining room is very spacious and with its beams and thoughtful decorations, my wife and I felt right at home. It was late lunch but I had juevos rancheros since I can't resist it. It was very good. My eggs could have been a little more runny, but there was plenty of yoke and a lovely green chile sauce to mix with the potatoes and beans. My wife had the senior enchilada plate. It was plenty of food, the portions here are big. My wife commented that it was a bit spicy and our waitress was concerned and wanted to make it right. We assured her that a bit spicy was just fine. A very pleasant meal.

8  Thank john b