“So worth it!”

Jambo Cafe
Ranked #4 of 610 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Price range: US$8 - US$22
Cuisines: African, Caribbean
Description: African and Caribbean dishes and specialties from award-winning Chef Ahmed Obo. Jambo Cafe specializes in new combinations of traditional dishes with a decidedly spicy flair. Winner of many awards, "Best Soup" for the Souperbowl 4 years running and "Best International Cuisine" in the Santa Fe Reporter for 5 years. We serve vegetarian and seafood options alongside our chicken, beef, lamb, and goat dishes. Locating in College Plaza near corner of St. Michaels Drive and Cerrillos Road. Plenty of parking.
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

We visited for lunch strictly baded on the reviews listed on TA. 3 adults, 2 children and everything was delicious. Excellent service, unique menu and a great memory created. Absolutely worth a try if you like adventure.

4  Thank RobW599
Write a ReviewReviews (1,379)

Reviewed 1 September 2018

Flavors are terrific. I had the Mahi in banana leaf. Fish was flavorful and cooked well. I really enjoyed the side of bok choy. My husband had shrimp which he loved. The price is right and the service excellent. Do try the cold chai on a hot day. Scrumptious!

2  Thank cwbpjt
Reviewed 1 September 2018

If you've grown tired of the New/Mexican cuisine featured in many of Santa Fe's restaurants, Jambo offers a welcome change. This place is in our neighborhood, so my wife and I eat here fairly frequently. The menu features food from all over Africa and the Caribbean, with meat, fish and poultry, and a few vegetarian items. Most of the food that I have tried is spicy, in a curryish way, but not overpowering. Last night I had the goat stew, a recurring favorite, with roti (flatbread) to soak up the gravy. It was warm, rich and, filling. My wife had the combination plate which includes chicken curry, goat stew and coconut lentils with rice and roti.

Note: Jambo is not easy to spot from the street. It is located in the mall at the SE corner of Cerrillos Rd & St. Michaels Dr, between the Petco and Office Depot. It is both larger and more attractive on the inside than you would guess from the outside.

3  Thank David D
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went here with another couple who are vegetarians. We read about it and wanted to give it a try but worried if our friends would have enough choices. Luckily they found dishes they liked and I got to try the chicken curry stew and my husband had the lamb stew. Everything was excellent.

3  Thank GikoKadampa
Reviewed 31 August 2018

I took a group of 10, we each had something different and everyone loved their choice. At the end of our trip to Sante Fe, they all said the dinner at Jambo was the best meal they had had all week-end, and for Santa Fe that is saying something.