Americas Best Value Inn Riverwalk Downtown/Market Square
US$91
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$104/night.

Hotel Contessa(San Antonio)
US$65
La Quinta
US$150
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$169/night.

US$174
US$249
JW Marriott
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$307/night.

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights at Motel 6. The room was dirty and stains on the towels and on the beds. Our room was not cleaned on any day! The door was leaking and it was very noisy. You don't feel well...Not recommended!!!

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with friends
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Americas Best Value Inn Riverwalk Downtown/Market Square, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Dear Maki, Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure during your recent stay. Please know the conditions you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize for the inconveniences you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience.

Reviewed 19 March 2017

This location was downtown and not very kid friendly. The room was semi-clean. The blanket on the bed was stained in multiple places and there was a dead coach roach on the floor. The floors were hardwood and it was nice to not worry about a spill as you could just wipe it up. I would have appreciated a broom and a dustpan.
We were surprised that the room didn't have a phone and the TV didn't offer any premium channels. They didn't have complimentary toiletries or a coffee pot in the room. A really old microwave and small old fridge were provided. The shower had no pressure and made you think you needed a shower after a shower.
Fan on AC/heat didn't work so you froze or sweated. The Internet was okay and helped distract in the rain.
However, the price was right and we lived a cops rerun. A thief was run down and apprehended by 3 men. He tried to steal a bag in a car. When confronted the thief took a swing at one guy and the takedown and handcuffs were neat to see. I called cops and I think the one with the handcuffs was a bounty hunter. Not the best place for kids and yet it showed my daughter that people will still stand up for others. The three guys got him in a chair and stood guard. LOL! The theif made so much noise that I walked out to see what was going on. He claimed they were hurting his arms, and they took the cuffs off and he tried to sneak away.
We had no problems from the staff with our service dogs and the staff was nice. Takeout food was right around the corner (24-hour diner) and down the street(subs) and Papa Johns was great the first night and all the attractions we right around the hotel. It was a learning experience for my daughter and it was good for a recharge and sleep to get back on the road. May want to bring something to sleep on if you have sensitive skin.

Room Tip: Cheap and a place to store your stuff why you explore.
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

Great location close to all the fun stuff and the hook line and sinker is the price, well let me tell you being frugal isn't always good. ROACHES, SON WAS VERY RUDE, Dirty 1/2 finished room, blood on shower curtain, refused to put clean bedding or a clean shower curtain. Pathetic excuse for even a hostel (pretty close) drug dealing and prostitution going on throughout the night. Hearing things thru the walls that should kept private. Rooms smelled funny like a chemical. Motel 6 isn't what it used to be. It used to be inviting, friendly, accommodating. I guess I was being nostalgic when the man on the commercials would say we'll leave the light on for you; please don't, turn the light off. Notified person at the desk very very rude which I think it was a son wouldn't acknowledge me when I told him everything was wrong. I told him the review would be a bad review and that I will get a refund. He just shrugged his shoulders and said whatever. Would rather stay a long ways from the attraction than to stay In Squalor. From that point it set the tone for the rest of our trip. Also their website is far from accurate NO POOL, NO TOWELS NO EXTRA BEDDING. PLUS OUR ROOM WAS OUT OF CODE. NO SMOKE DETECTOR !!!! Big violations. Lesson learned !!!!

Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Americas Best Value Inn Riverwalk Downtown/Market Square, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Dear Lisa, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. Please know the various issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

I set up a room block for an event that was held just down the street. I read reviews of the location, and many of them were poor. But since I stay as hostels sometimes when I travel, and I am former military, I figured it couldn't be that bad. The room was actually not bad. The towels were disgusting, like they had been drug through dirt and folded back up. Many people staying on the property looked like they lived there, and I felt rather uncomfortable, like I was an unwelcome visitor. All this was still fine considering the price, BUT.... I was the one to set up the room block at $59.99 per night. However, the person at the desk argued extensively with me after charging my card $79.99 per night that with my emailed confirmation I was incorrect on the price. I was told to produce the confirmation emails for my 3 rooms and I would be refunded the difference. I have not followed up with others who used the room block to see what difficulty they had, but it was crazy they had me prove my rate for a room block I set up with group booking months in advance. Would I stay there again if I had to? Yes, but I would make sure I pre-payed for my room and had all my receipts and emails in hand when checking in.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled on business
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Americas Best Value Inn Riverwalk Downtown/Market Square, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Dear Steven, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. We apologize for any inconvenience or misunderstanding that may have occurred during your recent stay with regard to your reservations issues. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you experienced. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

We got in late and booked a room for 2 nights as my dad was at the hospital just around the corner. We got to our room and it had a horrible smell. The water in the bathroom in the tub ran all night. The floor was sticky. We checked out the next morning. If I could give negative stars I would. This was by far worst experience.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Americas Best Value Inn Riverwalk Downtown/Market Square, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Dear Sherry, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the comfort issues you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience.