Motel 6 San Antonio Downtown- Alamodome
US$190
US$389
JW Marriott
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 9 December 2016

What a dump of a place! Smells bad, like musty, mouldy odour. We had a nonsmoking room but the whole hotel stunk of cigarette smoke. No breakfast supplied. Staff at reception gave me the impression I was intruding on their privacy. Not at all friendly. Garish colored walls were offputting. We just needed a bed for the night and that was all we got....no toiletries supplied either. Give it a miss....no matter how tired you are, push on to the next place!

Room Tip: You'll find the best room at the next hotel.....keep driving.
  • Stayed: November 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

Not very clean. Smelly. We stayed in a NO SMOKING room and the whole hotel smelled like smoke. We only had two towls & one soap. No shampoo or conditioner. Thank God We took our own. Definitely will not be staying here again. Unfortunately it was late at night and the kids where tired and just wanted a place to sleep. There was a dog outside that must have come inside because when we where leaving there was dog poop all down the hall.

Stayed: September 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2016

This is hands down the worst place I have ever had to stay. Over priced, rude workers, lazy housekeeping, I asked for 2 extra towels and he looked at me like I asked for a kidney but hesitantly gave me the towels I asked for. The phone in the room didn't work, the a/c made a horrible noise. This place is a total dump. I will never stay at another motel 6 again. Like EVER. I don't care if they are all not as bad as this one. This one is enough to ruin the entire brand and experience for me.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2015

When we woke up we had whelps all over. To make matters worse, the owner refused to refund our money. If this is the last place in town available, keep driving!

Even for a Motel 6, this place is a dump. The rooms are dingy, and have a musty odor.

• Stayed: March 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve S
Reviewed 10 March 2015

The hotel ticked me off the first time we tried to stay hereby wanting to charge us $130 FOR A $60 room. They said it was Spring Break weekend, which it was not. Anyway, being a glutton for punishment we tried again on the way back through town. This time we booked through Expedia to get the right rate: $59. They had the lobby locked down and let us check in through the night registration window (at 9pm). Then sent us around to the side door to get to the room. Once we made it through the scary part, the room was fine. Actually very fresh and newly remodeled I would say. There was one dead roach in the floor, but at least he was dead. The room had hardwood floor which seemed to us more sanitary than carpet... The bed was a little stiff and the pillows scrunky, but hey, It's not the Hilton.

Room Tip: East rooms face Interstate.
  • Stayed: March 2015, traveled on business