US$105
US$76
US$137
US$125
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$142/night.

Free cancellation until 07/25
Free cancellation until 07/26
US$228
US$199
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$238/night.

Free cancellation until 07/29
US$140
  • Free Breakfast
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$175/night.

Menger Hotel(San Antonio)
US$165
US$115
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$138/night.

2,767 results
All reviewscibolo moonlazy riverhigh velocityhill countrycrooked branchtpc golf coursepool areaadult poolkids activitieskids clubbeautiful propertylobby barlabor day weekendbusiness conferencefire pitself parkingconference center
Reviewed 3 April 2018

This property has the potential to be great, it just isn't there yet.

Great rooms, great views, great staff, great property, but it still is unimpressive...

Every employee greets you and is polite, but if you ask them for anything, you're lucky is anything happens. For example, at the front desk if you ask for a roll away bed, you won't get it. You'll have to find someone in house keeping and they will find it for you. Also, if you ask for a second room at the front desk, they will say no problem and take information, but they won't ever call you. Pool staff is everywhere, except when you need something, then you'll be lucky to find them inside of 30 minutes. Pool staff also disappears at the end of the day when you're looking to close out your tab. Waiters in the restaurants (especially Ciabo) drop off drinks and that's the last you see of them until the check comes, regardless of what you ask for.

These are just a few things that were sub par. My family was here for 4 nights over Easter weekend. We had a good time, enjoyed the facilities and the activities for the kids were great, but we couldn't help be feel underwhelmed when we checked out and headed home.

I'm not saying don't stay here, I'm just saying if you're expecting what you see in the pictures on the hotel website, you'll be disappointed. Set your expectations low and you'll leave happy. That was my mistake.

Room Tip: High floors on the pool side have the best views
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank SandKey2012
Caressa R, Front Office Manager at JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear SandKey2012,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. On behalf of our entire resort team, I would like to apologize for the lack of service your received throughout your stay with us. The examples you gave were disappointing to hear and we will certainly be reviewing your feedback with our teams in order to correct these issues. I feel confident that these failures in service you experienced are not a true representation of our team and I hope that one day we might be able to provide you with a thoughtful and flawless vacation with your family. Thank you again for your feedback.

Warm Regards,

Management

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Upon arrival, our check-in experience with Robyn was absolutely fantastic. I thought...man...this is going to be another fantastic Marriott experience. After that, it truly became (maybe) the worst Marriott property that I've ever stayed in. (I'm Platinum Elite so I stay in a LOT of Marriott properties). First issue, they are VERY slow to answer the phone at the front desk. After waiting for someone to answer the phone, it took an HOUR AND FIFTEEN minutes to receive an item to the room. At the pool, we were told multiple times that "I don't have time to take a food order, we are too busy.' Upon hearing this, we stood in line at the pool restaurant for 40 minutes waiting to PLACE an order. The next day at the pool was no different. Same slow service, same rude customer service.
I tried to call the 18 Oaks Restaurant (7) SEVEN times, for a reservation, and no one answered the phone. (I've added a pic of my phone log, to show this isn't an exaggeration). Upon WALKING down there, I found three people standing there doing NOTHING. Why didn't they answer the phone?
At the spa, on two different occasions both my wife and I were told that it was "full" and we couldn't use it. Hesitantly we said that we are Platinum Elite members and they said "Oh, come on back." When getting back there, I was shocked to find that there wasn't another soul TO BE FOUND. Again, my wife had the same experience at a completely different time. It's like they didn't want anybody to use the spa. Super strange.
I played two rounds of golf one on Sunday morning, and one on Tuesday morning. After my round on Tuesday, I was told that my bag would be taken to the bell station. I checked later that evening and my bag wasn't there. Upon calling the golf course bag-drop station, they were adamant that it was at the bell station. Okay...fine...I don't check-out until Thursday morning, so surely by then they will have it figured out. On Thursday, I go to the font desk for my golf bag, and they still don't have it. At this point, (5 days on the property) I've accepted the fact that I'm dealing with the most incompetent hotel staff that I've ever seen, and decide to walk to the golf course to get my bag. Once again, they are positive that it is at the bell station. So I walk back to the front desk, where we begin process all over again (because of course). Then bingo...my bag magically appears, a different front desk person says, "We found it. They put it in a corner of the room where is should have never been placed." Folks...THIS PROPERTY HAS TWO GOLF COURSES AND HOSTS A PGA EVENT...are you seriously trying to convince me that my bag was in a place that NO OTHER golf bag has been placed? Let's go ahead and throw a little more salt in the wound...the golf balls that I purchased were no longer with my bag...but at this point, I couldn't stomach another conversation with anybody on this property.
I'm not sure if this property in under-staffed or under-trained, but it's as if they were caught off guard that there were customers on the property. Either way, at $440/night it is an absolutely unacceptable.
To top it off...I'm writing this four days after leaving the property...and just had to call the hotel to have them email me my bill. I've had better service at a Fairfield Inn. Side note: We were there for a work convention...but labeled it as a family trip.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Brandon C
Bianca C, Front Desk Manager at JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear, Brandon

Thank you for choosing to stay at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa and providing your honest feedback on the Guest Satisfaction Survey.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to San Antonio.

Bianca C

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We came down for a visit for Easter weekend, and totally forgot the Final 4 was happening in San Antonio.
I was worried when we arrived that it would be too crowded and the service would suffer... I was quickly proven wrong!
Everyone we interacted with from checkin, to the concierge, to the restaurants to Brysun by the pool was amazing, professional and thoughtful.
We had a nice room, nothing special, but had a pullout and roll-in with a king bed which slept our family of 4 comfortably. The view we had was really nice from and upper floor. Would love to see what the larger suites look like.
Their were tons of activities for the kids, and the pool, while relatively crowded was not crazy! No lines, plenty of chairs and floats. Wait staff were on top of their game and food and drinks came fast.
I have no complaints, the JW went out of their way to make Easter special! I wouldn’t say that Platinum Elite status really helped for much other than our view...but other than that I was pleased.
We liked it so much, we are coming back on a few weeks so I can play one of the TPC courses! Looking forward to a couple more spins on the lazy river.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank mtomko
Reviewed 1 April 2018

This one is a great family holiday resort with sprawling green lawns, garden and golf course. It has good rooms and amenities, and also the convention centre is huge and impressive.
The food is generally ok, nothing to write home about.
Overall, a great place to be.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Old tired run down hotel.. I’m sure in its day it was great.. but I don’t want to spend 440.00 to not fit in the bed. We are fit little people and couldn’t fit in the bed. This room should have cost no more then 200.00 per night.. and even at that you can get a far better room elsewhere. The room in not comfortable with only one small chair.. when you are spending five days.. it becomes like you have no where to go. No balcony, although they tell you all rooms have a balcony.. however it is just a gate when you open sliding doors.. and again only one chair to use.

Time for updates JW Marriott.. would never go again.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
2  Thank Angelsland17
Joseph H, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear Angelsland17,

Thank you for your recent review and visit at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa. We are sadden to hear you did not enjoy your stay nor find value in your accommodations. We apologize if we were unable to provide you with an upgrade to a full-balcony for this trip. You'll be glad to hear that after 8 years of our opening, we are scheduled for renovations this year. One of the added amenities will be going from two full-size beds, to two queen beds. We are looking forward to having a new, fresh look going into 2019. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to better serve you in the future should your travels find you back in San Antonio. Thank you again for your feedback.

Management