See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 26 August 2015

My husband was deployed to San Antonio for 8 months for training. Somehow I messed up when I booked my reservations for the week. So that left us checking out a day earlier than we were suppose to. So we decided to try to find a cheaper hotel. BAD BAD mistake! We found this jewel that was nothing but a nightmare! I went to the room ahead of my husband so he could get the luggage. I was excited to see the rooms because they looked very neat in the pictures. The smell in that room was something that I have never smelled in my life! So when my husband came up to the room with all of our luggage. I looked at him and felt so horrible, he had a really hard time getting all the luggage on the cart and most of it kept falling off and he busted the soda cans. He was def stressed! So he went back down to the desk and asked if we could switch rooms. They gave us a different room and of course this one smelt even worse! How was that even possible!? It was around midnight or later and we were just wore out. We had been shopping in San Marco and then to the Riverwalk. So finding another room at that time for us was just not going to happen. My husband had to go to the store across the road and buy febreeze and things to put inside the vents. Its was awful! My poor 9 year old was even saying how the smell was so awful that it was giving him a headache. The hotel looks new but trust me, the upkeep if any was poor at least. They had huge hornet nest all over the ac units in the back of the hotel. The staff was rude and just not friendly at all.I love trip advisor and I always look up things before I book them and for some weird reason neither my husband or myself didn't look up this hotel. Worst mistake ever! The hotel bathtub was so dirty I made my son take a shower instead of letting him take a bath. The bottom of the tub was black! I came out of the shower and I found my husband trying to clean the walls with wipes because they were so dirty. I was really looking forward to having a wonderful last few days with my husband but instead it really brought our moral down and we tried to stay out as late as possible so we did not have to go back to that hell hole. I will never ever stay in a Motel 6 ever again!

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Traveled with family
6Team, brand expericened team member at Motel 6 San Antonio Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2015

Andi,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We apologize for any misunderstanding that may have occurred during your recent stay with regard to our rate policies and the inconveniences you experienced. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with the experience you describe we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you experienced. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 24 February 2015 via mobile

In town for 3 days for a death in the family. Received a call to come back to the room so they can replace the batteries in door lock. Waited 3 hours for a maintenance worker that wasn't even coming back. Girl on duty was told to switch rooms never did and went home, Dirty tissues in beds, dirty bedding,dirty floors and rooms all together. A GM who is never at work or answers their phone. Staff disrespectful and rude. Broken glass from car windows in parking lot making you feel unsafe about leaving vehicle alone. Broken pipes causing water to build up on floor by door way outside. Floors unswept . A cleaning staff who doesn't clean. Front desk worker who didn't know anything about how to handle guests. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Date of stay: February 2015
2  Thank Brian C
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Checked in/paid without inspecting the room first. Room was not clean with hairs all over the bathroom and on towels, ice bucket was stuck to the counter, remote control didn't work. Front desk staff was extremely rude and refused to give my $ back. I called the manager to request a refund 4 times and he did not return ANY of my calls. 3 months later, the manager LIED to my bank/credit card company and said I spent the night there without any complaints. I had already left and checked into another motel that same evening! Dirty room, poor customer service and still haven't gotten my $60 back, even though I didn't stay there that night!!! This is a franchise location run by a foreigner, so Motel 6 would not take any action against him. Very frustrating situation...

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank Julie K
Reviewed 4 January 2014

at some point motel 6 has started going down hill ! it is going to hit someone soon that they are going to have to spend some time with some of there motel's! this ones beds are shot the maids dont clean very well at all! i stay on the road about 290 days a year and this is one i will not stay at ever! just felt like no one cared! the beding was old the rooms are very small! and way over priced! the staff was just rude and mean!

Room tip: stay somewhere other then here!
Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank John H
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Staff is good, rooms are OK. Most Motel 6 location charge $2.99 and for that you get awful bad terrible WiFi. It should be free or if you pay it should be solid. Most Motel 6 locations I've stayed at including this one has terrible WiFi. it is noisy outside in the moring.

Date of stay: September 2013