Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$68
BestWestern.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$84/night.

US$84
Visit Tucson
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

Catalina Inn(Tucson)
US$90
US$73
Free cancellation until 07/28
US$53
US$50
US$95
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$113/night.

Lazy 8 Motel(Tucson)
US$143
AC Hotels
  • Pool
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$170/night.

Arizona Inn(Tucson)
US$149
Official Hotel
2,249 results
All reviewspusch ridgeoro valleyjunior suitepool areathe main hoteltennis courtsmain poolmountain viewcatalina mountainslobby bargolf coursebeautiful propertybit datedgreat poolhot tubfitness centerhorseback riding
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We stayed at The El Conquistador Resort for the first time from March 1 – 5, 2018 – Thursday – Monday. This is a larger but very nice, user friendly resort and generally met all of our expectations. We stayed in a building immediately north of the main hotel lobby. This is likely the optimum location as it allows for direct access to the main hotel lobby, the exercise area and the on-site services and restaurants. The parking is very accessible there and the hotel pool is close at hand.
There is a 9 hole course onsite and the hotel has some kind of affiliate agreement with a 36 hole facility which is a 10 minute drive away. The 9 holer is a perfect warm up track but it seems that they don’t book tee times after about 1:30 pm. We were last off on 2 days and were finished in less than 2 hours – enough time to catch happy hour at the hotel pool!! We played one of the 18s at the affiliate course and it was great. Suggestions: Book early to get a decent time. Avail yourself of the Sunday brunch – good value.
The registration process at the resort is great and the staff take the time to orient properly. We generally found the ambience to be a little sterile though. The hotel seems to cater to conferences so the subtlety is that many of the people staying there are delegates – not guests. We ate at 2 of the onsite restaurants in the evening. We found both to be a tad mediocre and overpriced. We went offsite to eat twice. I think you have to go right into Tucson to find unique one-off dining options. Most of the offerings in the Oro Valley seem like Corporate franchised locations.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CalAltaBoy
Ghee A, General Manager at El Conquistador Tucson, a Hilton Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you for sharing your review regarding your recent stay. I am pleased that you had the opportunity to play golf and enjoy happy hour at the pool. I apologize that you were less than pleased with your evening dining experience. I hope that you brought the issue to the attention of our Chef as I am sure they would have Made it Right for you. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel is in need of renovations. The room we stayed in was not clean.

To the hotels credit, they were on it the next morning sending a crew to deep clean including the carpet but why was the room allowed to get in this poor of a condition???

The hotel staff is amazing.
Very kind, very helping and will try to accommodate quickly and professionally. This is very much appreciated!

I cannot comment to you on the restaurants as the event that I was at provided all meals.

There is no beauty salon at this hotel -surprising in 2018...

gym facilities and locker room also could use upgrading

The Hilton Conquistador is a rapid turnover hotel and has accommodations for conventions which apparently is the
bread-and-butter.

The resort lobby is attractive but also in need of a facelift. I am surprised that it is given a high rating by the AAA diamond program.

The surrounding mountains are beautiful with outdoor activities available very near or on the grounds of the hotel.

They have a very accommodating concierge desk to help you plan your trip and have plenty of information on how to do it!

The swimming pool‘s are plentiful and the area that the hotel is built-in is quite nice and tucked in the foothills of the beautiful surrounding mountains.

If you need to go to Target , Walmart, Pharmacy’s or other food then what’s offered at the hotel-it’s just down the street. Everything seems to be quite convenient!

I sincerely hope that the hotel can find it within a budget to upgrade.

I was told they’re so busy they can’t quite find a time to do it but that’s also not the Hilton way.

Also, keeping hotel rooms clean, carpets cleaned and baseboards cleaned and the hotel room clean top down makes so much more pleasant stayed in a dirty room.

I could not recommend this hotel for a long-term stay.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
3  Thank triptakerSanDiego
Ghee A, General Manager at El Conquistador Tucson, a Hilton Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. I apologize for the housekeeping oversight, and for any inconvenience that this issue caused. We have shared your review with our Director of Housekeeping who will use your experience as a training opportunity. I am pleased that you found our staff to be extremely helpful, and appreciate your feedback as we are always looking for opportunities that will enhance our guest's experience.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We stayed here the week of Christmas 17 to get away from the crowds and enjoy some sunshine. We enjoyed the yoga/fitness classes and really loved the personal attention from Chris and Lara - Great job ladies! We also enjoyed nearby horseback riding and golf. The resort was not crowded even during the christmas dinner which seemed to be popular with local residents. We stayed in a room with walk out access to the adults only pool and enjoyed it very much. Thank you!

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your review from your stay over the Christmas holiday. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and the fitness classes that we offer. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Spent a wonderful 3 nights while attending a work conference. Early March is a great time to visit Tucson, low 70’s during the day and 50’s at night. Room was clean and nice size. Outdoor pool had a fantastic view of the surrounding mountains. My only negative would be the service in the restaurants was slow and inattentive. I’d love to come back with my wife some time.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
Ghee A, General Manager at El Conquistador Tucson, a Hilton Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for sharing your review about your recent stay. We will look forward to welcoming you and your wife!

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I have stayed at many Hiltons over the years and am a Hilton Honors member. I must say that I was extremely disappointed with this one. And I splurged on this one more than any other time wanting to treat myself for a change. The front desk was understaffed; there was always a lengthy line to get help. Calling any area of the resort required multiple attempts with many attempts getting no response. The people I traveled with had to wait well past check in for their room to be ready—complimentary drinks were offered, but only for house drinks. (What?!) Available appointments for resort services for the two days I was there were limited or unavailable. And the service at both restaurants was below average. I would not recommend this Hilton. (The two stars are for a clean room and a peaceful adult pool.)

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
2  Thank Joan G
Ghee A, General Manager at El Conquistador Tucson, a Hilton Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review and for taking a moment to share your valuable feedback with us from your recent stay.
I am truly sorry to hear that we were unable to fully meet your expectations, and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience in further detail. Please contact 520-544-5000 to be connected to me or our Hotel Manager, Otton Suarez.