“We will beck back for more!”
Review of Cafe Laurel

Cafe Laurel
Ranked #293 of 1,811 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: US$7 - US$10
Description: Casual American Cafe. Easy Counter Service, and Plenty of Parking. Light Bright Atmosphere. Quick Meal, or Stay and Hang Out.
Reviewed October 22, 2016

After reading some reviews on another restaurant that has been going down in quality and service I found a review on this place and decided to try it. We had guests in from out of town, and wanted to catch up in a relaxing atmosphere. This restaurant was perfect because the crowds have not discovered it yet, or we were there at a good time. It was very clean, and well decorated in a modern theme. You order at the counter and the staff is friendly and helpful. We were there for breakfast, and I had a yummy breakfast sandwich. They use quality fresh ingredients. The coffee is really good and everyone commented how good it is. It is rich and dark roast. Even the decaf is really good. However, my husband had the huevos rancheros, and he did not enjoy his meal as much as I enjoyed mine. He is from the east coast, but has turned into a true New Mexican, and a chili critic. He stated they only offer red chili, and it seemed like it was made from powdered red. The chili was a dark red not a bright red sun dry. He was miffed green was not offered. Also they do not offer potatoes. Everyone including my husband cleaned their plates, and stated they like the restaurant. Finally the portions are a decent size, and they are not large.

1  Thank Charlotte R

Reviewed October 6, 2016

I stopped in for lunch here. It was easy and fast to get in and out. The burger looked and taste like i had made it in my backyard. Made me feel like I was at home relaxing. The beer selection is nice and it is a nice simple place to grab a bite.

Reviewed September 4, 2016

Visited Café Laurel for a second time. Experience was even better than the first. Salad was made to order--in keeping with my Weight Watchers diet. Presentation was very nice. Salad was fresh, delicious and satisfying--with enough left over to take some home for dinner. Owners are very friendly--and make most of the food themselves with obvious care. Both come over to chat with customers--neighborhood regulars and out-of-towners alike. They show extraordinary care for the food and the people they serve. Scrumptious-looking desserts were hard to pass up.

Reviewed August 24, 2016 via mobile

Great food , great service and staff!
Nice charming decor right on central
Refreshing cool good food
And that's all I have to say about that

Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

Admire those filling in the downtown to old town area with new eateries etc. This place has some charm and funk and the chef ( possibly an owner) was kind and came to check on me as I sat out in back. Food was pretty good and reasonable. Coffee was great. Place seemed a little unformed and not quite professional.