“Fantastic foid and wine”

Zinc Wine Bar & Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Zinc Wine Bar & Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 1,983 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Cross street: Girard
Description: Zinc is a lively three level bistro in Historic Nob Hill. Featuring an open, urban ambiance, Zinc offers casual fine dining on the main level and the loft mezzanine. For those looking for an exciting show, the exhibition bar offers seats right along the open kitchen. The menu focuses on high quality - yet affordable - American bistro fare and utilizes seasonal ingredients, many of which are sourced from local farmers. The Cellar Bar offers the same extensive wine list and premium cocktails as the upstairs, but in a more intimate lounge atmosphere with a lighter menu. The Cellar also showcases live music on Thursday and Saturday nights.
Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

OMG - I'm at a loss of words to describe this place. The food is so delicious, great portions, quite reasonable (mid $20), and the overall ambience is comfortable but energetic. I had the Pork Porterhouse and my wife had the Grilled Lamb and both were perfectly prepared. We were also pleasantly surprised at having a large portion of side vegetables with each dish. What's more, the wine selection by the glass is extensive AND you can order a half glass of any of the wines available by the glass.

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Our long time friends insisted we go here to celebrate a birthday.
As a group we decided to order from the sample menu featuring a grouping of their featured menu items. Great call! One of the best meals in years.
One surprise was the size of our portions!! BIG! We had an amazing 3 course meal for $35.00 per person!
Our service was top notch and overall a great experience.

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

It was our last night of our 24 day vacation. We selected this restaurant because it was one of the few in Albuquerque with a decent vegan entree on the menu and the reviews were quite good. After making the reservation we found out it was one of Vince Gilligan’s favorite Albuquerque restaurants, so we were quite hopeful. (We are both big fan of his shows)

Unfortunately, it was bad almost from the start. They were out of their one vegan entree by 6:30pm. (The primary reason we selected this restaurant) After some pressing they offered a stuffed squash to my wife as an entree. We were encouraged again, until the food started to arrive. I ordered smoked trout on a potato pancake as an appetizer. My wife ordered French fries (no other vegan options). The pancake and the fries were soggy — underdone. The trout was bland and too cold. Of course the waiter did not know because he did not return until it was time to bring our entrees. I ordered the duck for my entree and my wife had her stuffed squash. The duck was prepared correctly, but the Brussel sprouts were underdone and the entire meal was bland. My wife’s stuffed squash was pathetic. No sauce and a bunch of vegetables and rice thrown on the plate. I hope that it was because the chef had the day off, because anyone with some competence in the kitchen could have done better.

The only thing that kept me from giving one star was the wine was excellent and we saw Vince Gilligan. He happened to arrive about 1/2 way through our meal. Hope his dinner was better than ours.

Reviewed 14 October 2018

Went here for dinner on a Friday night. Surprisingly was easy to get into without a reservation. I would think a place like this would be bigger. Very nice atmosphere, very friendly and helpful staff. We sat at the kitchen counter, great fun watching the chefs work. We had the onion soup, duck confit egg rolls, tomato and mozzeralla salad (a special), and the pork porterhouse, followed by the salt caramel tart. The onion soup was a bit salty to my taste, but smothered in heavenly cheese. The salad was great. My problem with the duck egg rolls was I ordered the small size, should have ordered the large! They were tasty. The pork was outstanding. Perfectly cooked, very flavorful. The tart was fine, but here I would have put more salt. FYI: the sparking water is complimentary, just like plain water. Everything we saw them make looked wonderful. Overall, just go!!

Reviewed 6 October 2018

I think my title says it all, really, but to add a few details: I loved the white tablecloth service and presentation in a busy, trendy but not noisy environment. The menu was interesting; our server was ready with detailed answers to our questions and made recommendations that were spot-on. We enjoyed our wine choices. Dessert was fabulous. It was busy without being loud and [bonus] our table was perfect for people-watching. Only quibble: servings are really very generous in size.

Date of visit: September 2018