“My go-to for sushi!”

Ichiban Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #375 of 1,967 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 15 February 2017

Excellent nigiri, sashimi and hot food items. The Bento Box is perfect for two. We ordered the steak and it was wonderful. Fast service.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Up until a recent unpleasant experience here, I dined at Ichiban 3-4 times a year. It is close and the food is decent. Not great, but decent. Never made any difference how many times I went over the years, I was always a stranger...indifference to customers is not something I really appreciate. But absolute rudeness I don't accept. I stopped in for take-out recently and I could see that it was pretty busy. So I didn't mind that I stood by the register for 10 minutes, noticing that I was noticed but ignored. Finally I ordered some sushi... but when it appeared to me that the bill was a little larger than I expected and I examined it... (never said anything to the cashier) the cashier... I think the owner, snarled at me, pushed a calculator in front of me and said..." here, you figure it out." and turned her back on me. I left the mediocre sushi right there, and I'm not going back. Management, I hope you're reading this... it wasn't just me you lost.

3  Thank BobKanegis
Reviewed 19 January 2017

My husband and I went here on a weekday for lunch and were delighted! It’s close by and in the shopping area of Sprouts (Westside) – as you enter there is a waiting area and cashier that opens up to a pretty large and nice decorated dining area that has booths and tables & chairs. The sushi bar area is in the back. We ordered a couple of the lunch specials (Teriyaki Chicken and a Bulgogi) that both came with miso soup, salad, tempura and steamed rice. Both our meals were very nice. The salad had a unique ginger & citrus dressing and the miso soup tasted simple and fresh, as it should. The teriyaki chicken was nicely grilled with the sauce over it , and the beef bulgogi had a nice black bean (?) sauce, both very tasty. The tempura was a nice texture variation to the lunch special plates. The service was excellent- we plan to return and are so glad we discovered Ichiban!

Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

Food was hot, plentiful, delicious, top quality and perfect portion size. Service was prompt and friendly. The price is appropriate and well worth the meal. We will.return.

Reviewed 17 October 2016

The sushi lunch specials are great here. The fish is good and if you venture out and try some of the rolls, you will be pleasantly surprised. The prices are reasonable and service is quick ( at least the times I have been there), although I agree the servers are not 'chatty'.