“Perfect for Breakfast & Brunch”

Flying Star Cafe - Rio Grande
Ranked #113 of 1,811 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed October 1, 2016

Now that I'm living in Albuquerque... for now... and not knowing how long this "now" is going to last...

I have recently gone here twice in a week with my (now former) housemate. As I'm staying at a corporate/extended stay hotel for what will likely be at least a few months while I finish my assignment--and as this was my former housemate's last day in town while he helped me move--we decided we'd return here for a nice brunch and sit outside with his gigantic doggy. For this brunch, he had the French Toast with two sides, whereas I had the Grateful Cakes on the Breakfast Tour. The previous time he had an omelette and I did the Southwest Bene.

Each meal and each experience was perfect. The food has been cooked to perfection, the service has always been friendly and extremely helpful, and I'm even finding that the guests have been awesome. My only wish is that you offered smaller portions at a smaller price, especially as I'm only eating half-portions and feel it would be cost-prohibitive to be a regular, when so much food is going to waste. (I can't let the leftovers spoil in the car as I drop in while running other errands.) Still, I absolutely love you guys as much as I've ever loved a restaurant and will be back as often as I'm able.

Reviewed September 26, 2016 via mobile

We stopped in for a late lunch and shared a juicy burger topped with onion rings and Swiss cheese. We were happy to share the extraordinary burger. The fries were perfectly seasoned. It was a little difficult parking on a mid-day Saturday but the food and atmosphere are with it. Out other favorite stops in this little mall are Bookworks and Pennysmiths.

Reviewed September 15, 2016

Never been to any of these cafes - I was amazed at the selection they had. Breakfast all day or choose a burger...it's all your choice!

Reviewed September 6, 2016 via mobile

The salads at Flying Star are good, but expensive. The portions for the other items are quite small, especially at $11.00 and higher. The food is quite good, the locations are nice, clean, and modern. The staff is friendly, but although the tables are bussed frequently, they definitely aren't wiped down routinely. All in all, just fair...

Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

Never disappointed each and every time. Beautiful location and outdoor patio with fireplace. Extensive menu with a large variety of good, healthy and tasty selections. Bakery items are to die for!