“Good burgers, good service”
Review of Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets
Ranked #1,278 of 1,811 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Neighborhood: Cottonwood Mall
Neighborhood: Cottonwood Mall
Reviewed January 7, 2017 via mobile

This was a new restaurant to us. It's very casual and located just outside the entrance to the movie theater at Cottonwood Mall. It's seat yourself - which made me wonder if we would be served in a timely manner but I did not need to worry. Our server came over promptly with menus and to take our drink order.

We both ordered burgers - one a single and one double. The came out much faster than we were expecting and we were both happy with the orders. The recommendation for our next visit is to skip the double unless REALLY hungry.

Fries were good and we both liked the ketchup drawings that were done for us

Reviewed January 15, 2016

I end up here because of limited choices in the mall for food and they have a "vegetarian" burger choice. Being what it is it's a compromise for vegetarian picks. The service once the order is taken is painfully slow. I sit at the counter all the time and observe the chaos in the line kitchen.Ask a question about the food and you get different answers from different waitpersons and management.

There was one occasion last November 2015 when a group of customers at the counter ended up waiting their whole lunch hour for food that never arrived and had to be packaged "to go" because they ran out of time. One gentle next to me had ordered a "hot dog" and a shake thinking it would be quick! I ended up with only 1/2 my order after waiting 45 minutes! Because they try to pre-fry onion ring and french frie orders and put them in stainless steel shake containers (which drains the heat) the are usually barely warm or stone cold by the time you get them and limp/greasy. Numerous times while waiting I have had the waitperson come back and ask me what I ordered!

I've been to other Johnny Rockets in places like Los Angeles, its never as bad as this particular store. Go to Fuddruckers instead for your vegetarian burgers and "frings".

Reviewed December 19, 2015

We arrived around 9 pm and were greeted promptly with a welcoming demeanor. Our server, Lilly, was professional, quick, and friendly. The combination of the atmosphere, service, and food, made us feel like we got in Doc's time machine and went back to the 50's. It was a perfect escape from the daily routine as every employee greeted us at some point with a hello or a smile. I ordered a Smokehouse burger which was which I absolutely loved. All of the food did not take long at all to appear. The perfect combination of crisp and juicy tied all the flavors in for a taste bud party. Fries were served hot all on a small plate with the burger, overflowing. All throughout the meal, our server checked on us regularly offering drink refills with genuine sincerity and just a down right fun attitude. The sundae ordered and malt were copious in quantity again overflowing like you would see on a commercial or something. In fact the entire meal presentation itself would have made a classic photo on the cover of a food magazine. So we took a picture of the sundae to at least help remind us later of how good everything was. Maybe someday someone will invent a photo app that brings back the taste of food for places like this.

Reviewed August 11, 2015 via mobile

We waited an hour for our food. The waiter was friendly but slow. We had to ask for refills on our drinks. Manager gave certain people a discount for the wait. We were there before they were. The food is good but not worth the price and the wait.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I'm a history fanatic, so getting to dine in an authentic 50's diner is pretty cool. I love the classic diner fare (burgers, fries, and shakes) but my jaw literally dropped when I saw the prices. $8.99 for a burger and an additional $4.50 to make it a meal? Hell would literally have to freeze over before I paid $13.49 for a burger and fries. Taking your family out for a full dinner would do some -serious- damage to your wallet.

My wife and I elected to get a side order of chili cheese fries and to split a shake. Their shakes are absolutely delicious (very frothy and creamy) and I would definitely go back for another one.