“Great study and grading papers den!”
Review of Flying Star Cafe

Flying Star Cafe
Ranked #166 of 1,826 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed June 23, 2016

Flying Star on Corrales Road is one of my most favorite places to work on online courses and grade papers. It's spacious booths with big windows overlooking the bosque are delightful. I generally run into someone I know, which is delightful.
You can sit there and work for a long time--in the booths you don't really hear or overhear conversations. You can focus.
Food: I like their Mexican hot chocolate and lattes served in glasses. I like the Buddha bowl. Their key lime pie is outstanding, as are their overpriced yummy fruit tarts. Some of the pastries look find but are not that great. Be discriminating about your choices. Carrot cake is also good.
Again, great place to work alone or with friends--if I am going out to eat, it is not my first choice.

Reviewed June 14, 2016

Coffee, no matter how you doctor it is not good. Service is just average as is food. Sweets look good but from everything we tried have had better elsewhere. Great place to meet friends or fly solo. Have magazine and places to plus in lap tops and phones. Just wish coffee was better.

Reviewed May 31, 2016 via mobile

We visited the flying Star Café for the first time this week, and we were blown away.
I had the mac & cheese melt… Yes mac & cheese melt. And it was awesome. My husband ordered the Californian, not realizing it was a pure vegetarian sandwich :-) he thought it was a burger, but it was a very good sandwich. The pastries are off the hook insane. Cakes prettier than anything I've seen anywhere else. We had a custard eclair that was large enough for three people to share that was filled with real, good, creamy custard and topped with bittersweet chocolate… Perfection!
My mother loved her sandwich. We also ordered a carafe of sangria not realizing that the carafe was a very large carafe :-) this place is not inexpensive but it's worth every penny you pay for it. And if you didn't order pastries and wine and a sandwich each (because they are certainly big enough to share) it could be a reasonably priced even affordable lunch.

Reviewed April 25, 2016

I went for the Breakfast Sunday: Greek yogurt with a bunch of fruit. I also had a fruit tart which was scrumptious. It felt so good to have something that wasn't the usual stuff you find on the road. The service was fast and fun.

Reviewed March 18, 2016

This is a very busy place so go early and allow time. You order up fron and then they bring your food. The food is amazing and the key lime pie is excellet. Everything we have ordered has been very, very good!!