“Fresh Sushi & friendly service”

Sakura Sushi & Grill
Ranked #194 of 1,868 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Description: Relatively new, offering Japanese and Korean food. Several Sakura restaurants in Albuquerque. this one is off Coors Road.
Reviewed 10 September 2017

1st Time at Sakura Sushi & Grill. Sushi was fresh and delicious. The Ribs were also delicious. Very friendly service to spent a nice evening with the family. There are plenty of choices, including several Sushi samplers. If you do not like sushi, it also offers steaks, chicken, etc.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

I was looking forward to trying this place out as it gets great reviews. Unfortunately, I was quite disappointed. I came here early (5:30) on a Thursday night to avoid the crowded.

Highlights:

Not too busy, about 20 people in place... but food was generally slow to come out. Rolls took about 30 min, then they forgot one of my rolls, so another 15 min.

Food: I had 3 types of sashimi to start. All were pretty tasteless, but worse yet... fish was warm and limp. Not good.

I then had 2 rolls. The rolls themselves were OK, but they were ruined by the "spicy mayo" sauce on top. While I normally enjoy this condiment topping, it tasted like week old french dressing., yuk.

for "dessert" I ordered uni, probably my favorite type of sushi. It also tasted off, which usually means it's past it's short shelf life.

Other than the food taking a while, the service was good and friendly... almost too friendly though, as in trying too hard.

anyway, I won't be back. I usually try to give places another chance, but there were just too many negatives about my experience.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Just took my niece and her mom and dad out for her high school graduation luncheon.

She stated she'd like sushi. So we looked up a number of places and found Sakura. It's in a newer nice Little strip mall. While the exterior is muted, The furnishings inside are nice. Everything is very clean. You can sit at a booth, a table, or at the sushi bar.

We got the sushi boat, and I insisted on premium for only $10 more.

To this, the boat came with a boatload of premium sushi and sashimi! Not just some mealy stinky fish, but nice, fresh, succulent fish!!! And at a price that is reasonable for such good quality.

For those who don't like the idea of consuming something wrong (raw), there's also a nice selection of beef, chicken, and tofu dishes to satisfy almost any palate.

Our server was excellent! Very attentive and thoughtful.

They do have a drink menu with a wide selection of sake as well. They also have a fair amount of nonalcoholic beverages. I had the iced green tea. Quite delicious with a nutty finish.

While we didn't have dessert, our server provided us a lovely cold sweet tea to finish off the meal.

All in all, quite a nice little place!

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

Wonderful find in our neighborhood. Everything we have ordered has been excellent, especially the green chile sushi.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

We ordered the Bulgogi to split with friend rice. It was extremely good especially with wasabi. The server was so friendly and the owner came over to greet us. Fast service which we like. I did see someone order the lobster tempura roll next to us and that's gonna be my next order when we go back. Yum