“Only average food”

Chow's Asian Bistro
Ranked #895 of 1,769 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: THis restaurant is on your site but it is the Juan Tabo location which is now operating under another name. The name was never "Chinese Bistr" always "asian." Don't know what the mix-up is.
“Only average food”
Reviewed December 14, 2016

We ordered the orange chicken which was a very large portion but the chicken was cut into very small pieces the result being more breading than meat taste. The Walnut Shrimp included good size shrimp and lots of broccoli but the Mayo sauce was far too much and overpowering to the point that I could only eat a small amount. I am a big fan of walnut shrimp and order it any place I find it but in this case I would probably not order it again. The delivery experience was great... update statuses and relatively fast. Well done.

• Visited December 2016

“Sub par”
Reviewed December 9, 2016 via mobile

I've eaten here on and off again for years. Sometimes it's been OK other times not good. It is hard to find good Chinese in Albuquerque. I went for lunch today and the hot and sour soup was not spicy at all and just bland. I ordered cashew chicken and the nuts had not been sautéed but just placed on top raw. The chicken had an off putting texture, over cooked and terribly chewy. The idea of a more upscale Chinese restaurant is a great idea put Chows misses the mark. I will not go back.

Visited December 2016
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Delicious Food & Great Service ”
Reviewed October 12, 2016 via mobile

I've been to Chow's at least 3-4 times now, but haven't had a chance to put in a review. My family and I just went there again so now is the time to do it. Every time we have gone the food is delicious! Prices are reasonable and the service has been fantastic. We usually go for early dinners since we have toddlers, and the restaurant is fairly empty.

My favorite dish by far is their walnut shrimp. At $15 it's maybe a buck or two cheaper then comparable entrees at others. Their candied walnuts are SO GOOD. The shrimp is still crispy and hot, and the dish is surrounded by lightly steamed broccoli. As common with this dish, the mayo based sauce is quite sweet and there is a generous quantity. This has been the same everywhere that has this entree, so it must be the way to do it. I thuroughly enjoy the dish and usually leave some of the sauce behind to not overwhelm the dish.

My wife usually orders the Mongolian beef which is also delicious. There is a large amount of onions so if your not a fan, I would suggest another dish. This time we also tried the spicey edemame which was amazing! Nice spicey kick but not overpowering. The edemame are cooked with what appears to be fresh ginger and/or garlic. A must get appetizer. For dessert we took home their tripple chocolate cake which was very tasty. 3 different types of chocolate, all light and creamy, although a bit small for the price.

The waitress was very attentive and checked on us regularly, there is no kids menu so we ended up doing the mushroom chicken which was simply seasoned. She had the chef chop up the entree into bite size pieces for our kids. Very thoughtful. The restaurant can be accessed via outside or through the mall. Great place to grab an early dinner after shopping or letting kids play at the indoor play area at the mall!

Visited October 2016
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“Pay Attention Mr. Chow!”
Reviewed October 12, 2016

Over the past many years, we have been regulars at Chow's but today was not a very good experience. The food was good, but the service was NOT!! This was a new person & she was not able to handle the 3 tables that were in the place. Mr. Chow, it is not a very positive eating experience when you look up & see a person with metal hanging out of their nose. It's gross - I can't be open minded about this one, it's just gross in a food environment. Other tables got their soup before we did & we were the first in at 1:00. Now, I see there is no salad & no fortune cookies served with a meal. That seems kind of trimming the customer service a but too much. Don't bother sending me anymore coupons. I think we're done for quite a while now.

• Visited October 2016
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great Flavors and Service”
Reviewed August 11, 2016

I've been to Chow's a number of times but this last weekend it made for the perfect dinner date with my husband. The service was terrific, the food was especially good. We shared the Ranch Spring Rolls which were flavorful and crispy, I had Lo Mein and my companion had Coffee Chicken. We also had a side of the Coffee Chicken Sauce because we love it on rice (and I love it with the noodle dishes I usually order). Our visit was overall a great time. We usually go earlier than later as the dining room is quieter, but we were happily surprised to find that there was live piano music (very nice and not too loud) when we were still there at 5:30 on a Saturday evening. I especially like that Chow's tends to draw adult diners and not children which makes it a more relaxing experience for us. We recommend Chow's and even take our out of town guests there as well. We like to describe it as more of an Asian fusion rather than typical Chinese fare. We will be back, as always!

• Visited August 2016