“One of the best Chinese in Albuquerque”
Review of Chow's Asian Bistro - CLOSED

Chow's Asian Bistro
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: THis restaurant is on your site but it is the Juan Tabo location which is now operating under another name. The name was never "Chinese Bistr" always "asian." Don't know what the mix-up is.
Reviewed August 24, 2015

Always tasty and friendly service. The pot stickers and lettuce warps are excellent. My favorite dish is the nuts and birds cashew chicken. My husband and I go there once a month.

Reviewed May 26, 2015

My wife and I occasionally eat here, and in the past the food as always been good. But today I came solo and tried a Chinese New Year special of short ribs. The meat was extremely tough, hard to cut, and even harder to chew. The short ribs were cut in a strange way also which made it hard to get the meat off the bone. Usually sort ribs fall off the bone. The service was poor. The server never came over to check on the meal; just brought me the bill. I told her it was terrible and they should take it off their menu. I paid the bill and left.

Reviewed April 20, 2015

I have eaten here for dinner several times and it has been excellent. The coffee chicken was great as well as the service. I ate here at lunch this week and the food was as good as it was for dinner. Stopped for lunch while at mall. Service was very good.

Reviewed January 29, 2015

If you want Asian, it is worth a trip to find this. I like the food especially the shrimp and walnut dish.

Reviewed January 11, 2015

My husband and I have eaten at Chow's many times over the past several years and have recently found ourselves being less satisfied. The menu has pretty much stayed the same but with periodic new additions. Prices remain reasonable when compared to other Asian places that cater more to the take-out crowd. The environment is comfortable and relatively quiet. Service has always been spotty: never bad but never great. There is a small wine list with both bottled and draught beer. However, the food quality just isn't as good as it used to be. I used to rave about how Chow's veggies were always abundant, fresh and crispy, never soggy. Well, not anymore. The chicken also tastes like it's been standing around for a while. However, almost every sauce is true to its type and really, really good. Noodle dishes have also suffered from that not-so-fresh taste. However, preparation is inconsistent and a recent carry-out meal was excellent. So, I would rate Chow's somewhere between "average" and "very good" with hopes that it return to its previous "self."

1  Thank mwcw