“Awesome Breakfast Place”
Review of The Range Cafe

The Range Cafe
Ranked #14 of 1,811 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

At first glance, The Range seems like an artistically decorated Denny's. It is set up the same way, with a bar, a kitchen behind and the dining room that wraps around it on 3 sides.

That notion changes as soon as you see the menu. Lots of "New Mexico" style choices. I had the Huevos Rancheros. It was almost too cheesy... which means that it was delicious. My daughter had eggs benedict and she was equally happy with her breakfast.

The staff was quick and friendly. The place was clean. They have a case of baked goods up front that looked awesome.

I highly recommend The Range Cafe and I will definitely be back.

Reviewed August 1, 2017 via mobile

We were staying at a nearby hotel and their reception suggested this place for dinner. It was within walking distance and what a find! The menu was varied, restaurant decorations were funky and appealing, and the service was very good. We had the spinach enchiladas and blue corn tortilla enchiladas with squash; both were delicious.

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

Range Cafe serves breakfast until 3pm and has lunch and dinner offerings from traditional turkey and meatloaf plates to enchiladas and chimichangas. Enjoyed The Menaul, a burger with guacamole and white cheddar and a side salad with house made lemon basil vinaigrette. Service was very good and our water glasses were kept full. The agave wine margarita with cranberry was very refreshing after a long day of travel.

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

Great breakfast! We really enjoyed the breakfast burritos...I had chorizo on mine and it was extremely lean and tasty. Our waitress was Amber and she was fantastic!! She was funny and made terrific meal suggestions.

We will definitely return!

Reviewed July 28, 2017

Based on a recommendation from our B&B host, we tried The Range located on Rio Grande. The dining room is a joy to view with a lot of what appears to be local art on the walls and an assortment of whimsical items scattered everywhere including four "cows" being released from a cattle railcar on one wall. I had the stacked blue corn enchiladas with green chilies. Being from Texas, I'm accustomed to Tex-Mex dishes, but the quantity of New Mexican green chilies in this left with a good burn. They almost drowned out the delicious taste of the enchiladas themselves. The rest of the dinner items were good and portion were more than adequate. Service was average at best - I hope this is due to this being a recently opened location.