“2 hits - 2 strikes”
Review of Sushi Freak

Sushi Freak
Ranked #693 of 1,868 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My family enjoys going to Suski restaurants and were curious to give this place a try. 2 of us enjoyed our meal the other 2 didn't even finish theirs. It's fast food sushi so...

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Imagine a place where you can order the exact sushi you love and have it made right in front of you in 5 minutes flat! And they have VEGAN sushi. Yes, you read that right vegan sushi! A word of caution- If you're a sushi purist, someone who thinks sushi can only be created by a sushi master, you must avoid eating here. Sushi is made by non traditional sushi enthusiasts. After enjoying your sushi, stay at Albuquerque Uptown to visit dozens of shopping, eating, and drinking venues. It's one of the "can't miss," place in ABQ

Reviewed 21 May 2018

Husband wanted some rolls for a light meal after a long day of travel. We popped into this place and ordered him two rolls. We must be very spoiled with good Sushi and rolls where we normally go. These were done while we watched and everyone was friendly. However, he could not eat these at all. Ended up throwing them both away. We asked for soy sauce and they did not come with wasabi either. Very disappointing.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

I learned about this place several months ago and had not had the opportunity to visit until this past week. Sushi seems to have taken off in popularity in this past decade and this franchise is taking advantage of that wave. To cut to the chase, the sushi is good. I ordered the Snapdragon. Nice flavor and rolled well. I also had the seaweed salad which was tasty.

What keeps this from being an excellent restaurant? First, parking is difficult (as with all of Uptown). Second, the vibe is nothing special. Third, and most important, the competition nearby is better and while cost might be lower here, I prefer the alternative.

Would I go back? Yes. It's good and, frankly, convenient (except for the parking).

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

I wonder why there are not very many reviews with them being very spread apart. Anyway I had been wanting to check this place out since it opened. After trying it, I’d say there isn’t anything super about this place. I tried the NM roll with green Chile and wasn’t impressed. Although there was only one person in front of me I stood in line for a while waiting.